Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAFCASS - Court Ordered
My son has at present Zero Contact with his son. FOF went against him with all allegations found to be true.  His EX claims DV, Child Abduction and DV with Child Present.   All the above Claims are over 4 years old when my son lived with his EX and TBH they did fight and argue, but just like normal young couples, not with any hint of DV and definitely not abductions!! 

The court ordered a report under S7 back in June. The next Directions hearing is 3rd October.
The report will address:
Whether the child should see the party with whom the child in not living.
How often & for how long the child should see the party with whom the child is not living
The wishes and feelings of the child so far as they can be ascertained.

We have not had a date for a home visit yet. I have emailed asking for a date, but no reply.

My question is ... Will I (nanny) be able to speak / put my side across when they visit, as my son lives with me and the interview will be at my home.

Should my son give the officer evidence of contact with his son ie: pictures of places, picture of child in our home, beach, outings etc. We also have text messages from EX saying pick up ** from school, What time shall i Drop ** off at yours etc.. showing that contact was happening for 4 years at My house.

Any tips, advise, pointers for my son (who is very laid back and a young 24 year old) when meeting the officer.

will they interview my grandson with the mother present he is only just 5 years old. He hasn't seen us since October 2018 and I am unsure the explanation his mum has given for us dropping out of his life, when we had him every week.

Plus we have pictures of christmas boxes, Easter presents and birthday presents that we have delivered to his other nanny address to pass onto him... should we show/tell the officer about these.
What was the proof his ex present to the court and how come the judge believed her with no proof how long have you been in court ant fact finding conducted or not what was cafcas safe guarding letter?
His Ex had images of scatches and bruising to her face. Her witness was her best friend who said she has seen violence. Police disclosure reports came back with NFA. One report states the ex said she called the. Out of spite. Judge believes all her facts to be true. There is a list of about 10 claims. No DR reports and aid reports. All happened over 4 years ago.
Only seen cafcass once at first hearing and they had no safe guarding issues at that time.
Started court procedure in November 2017. My son is the applicant.
Caffcass should visit 5 year old son whilst hes at school when mum doesnt know. they will speak to him and make a report based ion their findings. If you had regular contact you will have nothing to worry about as they know how to ask things and find out whats going on.

What i can say is your home meeting with caffcass is very important and you need to be calm and be honest. Everything you say needs to be genuine and child focused as the caffcass report will have a huge part in your final outcome. I would say something like ex is doing it out of malice and doesnt want me to have a relationship with our son , our son should be able to love both parents and by having both parents ensure stability and at his young age he needs routine . if they suggest or ask what you after i would be saying that when possible you would like to use school as way of handover..pick up from school drop off at school to avoid hostility and meet mum when school not an option

Also you could say you are looking at getting school reports, sports day attending parents meetings and they may ask if he has overnights where he stays if he has his own room etc
(08-18-2018, 07:47 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: Caffcass should visit 5 year old son whilst hes at school when mum doesnt know. they will speak to him and make a report based ion their findings. If you had regular contact you will have nothing to worry about as they know how to ask things and find out whats going on.

What i can say is your home meeting with caffcass is very important and you need to be calm and be honest.  Everything you say needs to be genuine and child focused as the caffcass report will have a huge part in your final outcome. I would say something like ex is doing it out of malice and doesnt want me to have a relationship with our son , our son should be able to love both parents and by having both parents ensure stability and at his young age he needs routine . if they suggest or ask what you after i would be saying that when possible you would like to use school as way of handover..pick up from school drop off at school to avoid hostility and meet mum when school not an option

Also you could say you are looking at getting school reports, sports day attending parents meetings and they may ask if he has overnights where he stays if he has his own room etc

Thank you.  The school is closed until 6th September and the report is scheduled to have taken place before the 4th September.  As we have not heard from CAFCASS  to book a date yet, i believe this might be delayed.  My grandson is on holiday with his other Nanny the last 2 weeks in August, so again, think that the report will be delayed.

We will stay child focus, as it is extremely easy to speak about our grandson in a positive way, as he has always been a huge part of our family life.   My Son's EX is being very spiteful for withholding contact and has always said that this is what she would do if we dont do as she says and stick to her rules. I have text messages which say "have him tonight or dont see him at all" and other along these lines, we were always being blackmailed into doing exactly as she wants, when she wants or she would withhold contact.   This is the reason my son applied to the courts.   Then, of course, she claims years of DV and so the process began.

We have asked for pick and drop off at his school in our position statement, to avoid any conflict and to establish a relationship with his school.

Fingers crossed CASFAS contact my son soon.
Will keep you updated.
Just had an update - the visit will be this Wednesday.

Wish me luck guys.
If your visit is this wednesday they have probably already spoken to 5 year old son i would of thought. good luck hope it all goes well
Ok thanks for update did the cafcas done s7 report or only fact finding does your son ordered to do any DV course? I am accused of everything please give me some hope if I see my kids at the end or not.
Good luck
(08-21-2018, 12:16 PM)samim1919 Wrote: Ok thanks for update did the cafcas done s7 report or only fact finding does your son ordered to do any DV course? I am accused of everything please give me some hope if I see my kids at the end or not.
Good luck

They are visiting tomorrow to do the S7 Report.  Back in court for directions hearing on October 2018.   At fact finding they found all accusations to be true, however have not be advised to attend a DV course - maybe this will happen when the CAFCASS report comes back.

I would love to give you hope and advise, but we are so "Green" "Fresh" and do not know how to play/work the system, which my sons EX does, her mother has been thru this previously and so has her best friend, so she is pressing the right buttons and acting up to the courts.  We are just learning as we go along and getting great advice from the DAD forums.  The forums are a mine of information and everyone has been so helpful.

I end on a plus note..  on reading pages and pages on Dad Forums, there are lots of success stories, so hang in there and as they all say...  STAY CHILD FOCUSED.
speak calmly to magistrates/judges polite and listen when asked questions and pause before answering. dont look at ex partner and dont rise to anything her or her solicitor say or interupt goes a long way. Lot of people shout and argue in court and lose the plot, judge/magistrates dont know you so u can only be judged how you are on day

Samim you best off writing a post whats going on then people may advise u accordingly. Every case is different and has different outcomes.

Nannykit says for example you were found guilty of stuff 4 years ago but the fact they are doing s7 report they could decide its historic and you will need to get caffcass on side wednesday as that will help you enormously

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ordered to give medical records to other side's solicitors tempe_arizona 14 3,811 10-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Ordered not to see my child CY2010 5 2,417 07-17-2018, 06:01 PM
Last Post: leydan
  Cafcass Advice To Court Radar 3 1,774 03-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Radar
  Holiday Request for Cafcass/Court Radar 1 1,238 02-19-2018, 04:50 PM
Last Post: herewegoagain