Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 years on, False Abuse Claims against family members
I am just two months into a false allegations scenario and I’m trying to track down good advice, so help or links to other sources would be good.

My daughters adult life has been fairly messed up through her own actions and she seems unwilling to take responsibility for her decisions, now claiming every category of abuse against myself, brother and mother. She has been diagnosed with BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder).  It seems she has a need to justify her life choices, create pain for those she feels have abandoned her (but haven’t) , and possibly (though not sure) making a beeline for money. Neglect, sex abuse, violence, emotional abuse, firearms. Its a shame because she was such a loved child and has been supported so much over the last fifteen years, though she doesn't feel this way. 

Having supposedly been advised by a therapist, she started a police investigation. She also managed to have Non Molestation Orders (NMO) placed against my son and myself. These thankfully were immediately lifted once we could eventually get in front of a Judge. The police investigation still seems to be underway and we are expecting a knock on the door sometime….. just don’t know when.  There are so many unknowns, and dark areas, unfounded allegations that we cant track down, secrets being held. Things that don’t add up anywhere.  But as you can image it is destroying lives, which pretty much seems to be the intent of it all.

The question for me just now is, does the forum know of any sources of support or information or contacts that can help support parents falsely accused of child abuse?

Many thanks
(08-30-2016, 02:47 PM)Josty Wrote: I am just two months into a false allegations scenario and I’m trying to track down good advice, so help or links to other sources would be good.

My daughters adult life has been fairly messed up through her own actions and she seems unwilling to take responsibility for her decisions, now claiming every category of abuse against myself, brother and mother. She has been diagnosed with BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder).  It seems she has a need to justify her life choices, create pain for those she feels have abandoned her (but haven’t) , and possibly (though not sure) making a beeline for money. Neglect, sex abuse, violence, emotional abuse, firearms. Its a shame because she was such a loved child and has been supported so much over the last fifteen years, though she doesn't feel this way. 

Having supposedly been advised by a therapist, she started a police investigation. She also managed to have Non Molestation Orders (NMO) placed against my son and myself. These thankfully were immediately lifted once we could eventually get in front of a Judge. The police investigation still seems to be underway and we are expecting a knock on the door sometime….. just don’t know when.  There are so many unknowns, and dark areas, unfounded allegations that we cant track down, secrets being held. Things that don’t add up anywhere.  But as you can image it is destroying lives, which pretty much seems to be the intent of it all.

The question for me just now is, does the forum know of any sources of support or information or contacts that can help support parents falsely accused of child abuse?

Many thanks

It sounds to me as if you might have grounds yourself to get a None Mole against her.

In my view, the starting point for you is your local CAB. They have an arrangements with local Solicitors where often they can refer for 30 min free advise.

You might be able to get legal aid, to bring a case.

In terms of the Police, my advise is if they turn up, explain to them that you want to fully cooperate with them, and you are willing to attend voluntarily (or by appointment if the phone call), but due to the claims being made, you will have to insist that the interview is done under PACE (Police and Criminal Evidence Act), and that you would like a Solicitor present. Make them aware that a None Mole in the County Court was overturned on no Merit.

You can ask for the Duty, your own, or they must provide you will a list, so you can pick your own from it.

Should be you arrested or bailed, you do not have to accept any restrictions the Custody Sergent wants to put in place. However, if you refuse them, you can be kept in, but then you get to make your case to a Judge, as to why you do not want them.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(08-30-2016, 06:39 PM)MarkR Wrote: It sounds to me as if you might have grounds yourself to get a None Mole against her.

In my view, the starting point for you is your local CAB. They have an arrangements with local Solicitors where often they can refer for 30 min free advise.

You might be able to get legal aid, to bring a case.

In terms of the Police, my advise is if they turn up, explain to them that you want to fully cooperate with them, and you are willing to attend voluntarily (or by appointment if the phone call), but due to the claims being made, you will have to insist that the interview is done under PACE (Police and Criminal Evidence Act), and that you would like a Solicitor present. Make them aware that a None Mole in the County Court was overturned on no Merit.

You can ask for the Duty, your own, or they must provide you will a list, so you can pick your own from it.

Should be you arrested or bailed, you do not have to accept any restrictions the Custody Sergent wants to put in place. However, if you refuse them, you can be kept in, but then you get to make your case to a Judge, as to why you do not want them.

Hi MarkR

Thanks hugely for your response. Some great advice in there. 

BTW for anyone reading it, for clarity, it is myself and my daughters brother and my daughters mother that stand accused. i.e. my son and my ex. The advice you give is just as relevant to them and I will share it with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Devastated Son Claims Abuse from Mother scowan 13 4,731 11-22-2018, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Advice needed - false allegation of abuse JDI138 2 1,999 11-21-2017, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Chi21965