Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damnit. I wasn’t supposed to have feelings for anyone ever again!
Hahaha! Absolutely.
So I popped past my village pub the other night to phone my new date.  Can't do it at home because my ex still lives with me and there's no point rubbing her face in things.  Plus why would I want anybody listening anyway?  While I was on the phone, with a beer, in the courtyard, I noticed a girl on the next table looking over from time to time.

Back in the pub last night with a neighbour, I realised she is a bar maid and she was eyeing me up again so I got talking to her.  And she's nice.   She's working as a bar maid for fun but does something with a scientific name in agriculture.  Freakily, she has the same name as my ex, bar one letter.  But she's 18 years younger than me.  LOL!  So here I am, 3 months after being dumped from a 13-year relationship where I was a model partner, 10 years as a father, by my "unfulfilled" , completely dependent 45-year-old girlfriend (recently dumped by her affair), and I have an attractive 38-year-old divorcee who can't leave me alone and I'm getting attention/chatted up by a girl, young enough to be my daughter.

I wonder if I should send my ex a thank you card?

p.s.  I'm only joking, of course.  It's fun but my kids will be living in a 2-bed flat for half the week soon and I can't laugh at that.  Kissing a new woman was the strangest feeling in the world because I was completely faithful for 13 years, both physically and emotionally.
God damnit.

I said it to her.

I’m going to live to regret this.
How did it go?
Well she didn’t run away. Of course I now feel like running away myself!

I get way too lonely to not go on dates and have girls round to the house. Equally I’m really genuinely terrified about actually being close to someone. There’s so many risks involved and opening myself (and possibly the children) to getting hurt emotionally.

I’d like to be able to hold them at arms length but it’s not working.
Lightbulb 
Looks like I have an official girlfriend then  Sad
@tamagoto you may wish to use our new site not-really-separated-dads-but-have-an-official-girlfriend.com Big Grin
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
I'm also wondering what an unofficial girlfriend is...
I think theres a term for that - Rhymes with Ruck Suddy
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Ah I remember now...