Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damnit. I wasn’t supposed to have feelings for anyone ever again!
Just remember, play it safe, play it cool, wear a jiffy on your tool Wink
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Have both been to the clap clinic to check out that possibility!
Ended this last night after she mentioned kids for the 20th time. Otherwise she was perfect, hot, young, intelligent, challenging, different. Got on with my kids like she was a second mother, supported and helped me whenever I needed it. amazing.

But I know she wants kids. I know I don't and could never let another person have the power over me my ex wife does. It might have taken years but she would have left in the end so I thought it was best to end things now, short term pain for longer term, well I won't say happiness, because I'm not and don't honestly expect ever to be, but this is better for both my kids and for the GF I suppose.
My other half ended it with me yesterday - sucks
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
I'd do the same thing if that was me.

I'm all up for my next "interest" once I've sorted my shit out, with a period of casual to begin with. Any talk of kids though & it's "see ya". Same with residency, if I'm ever at that point again where I want to live with someone then there will be some basic requirements first. She must have her own house & depending on how we want to work it, the other party retains thier house & rents it out. That may sound a little cold but once bitten, twice shy & all that. I will never, ever share my financial interests again & will make sure there's something to fall back on in the future.
Tamo - that sucks, but for the best, its interesting you do this and again good lessons for others....
(11-26-2018, 05:57 PM)DanDad Wrote: That may sound a little cold but once bitten, twice shy & all that. I will never, ever share my financial interests again & will make sure there's something to fall back on in the future.

Yep I feel similar. I also will never do anything on a trust basis anymore.

If a woman so much as promises to buy me a chicken chow mein on the weekend i'm going to need that in writing and witnessed by two legal secretaries.
I agree with you Dan. And Tamo. The power that somebody has over you because you had kids with them, married them, shared a house with them... it's nothing like relationships when you're in your early 20s and just move on when it ends.

I'm not even in it too badly, compared to some of the guys here.