Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mother wants to go on Holiday
Sad 
Hi All,

I need help/advice.
I will give you little bit background first.

I have 2 daughters 5 and 9 year old. I am separated from 2 years.
Me and my ex don't have any formal custody agreement we never been also in court. We fallow the plan prepared by myself however never agreed by her.
Plan is that I take girls from Fri to Sun every second week and Thu every other week plus holidays ect.

Yesterday my ex told me that she is going on holiday (in 1 week for 1 week) and she have to leave girls with me. 
I said that i am working during this week and in the weekend i am out of the town.
She said that she don't care and she will leave kids in school in Friday and go.

Honestly in this week the project which I am preparing over 1 year is going live and i cant take off like this.

Is there anything what i can do please? I cant believe she can do this kind of things without consequences.
I would be very  appreciate for any advices

thanks
Well, she totally can - you both have parental responsibility so if she leaves, it's down to you.

(Can you change the title of the post as well please 'cos it's a bit misleading, she is only going on holiday)

Personally I'd get a Child Arrangements Order int he long term, in the short term, hire a child minder for all the time you need. I have to sometimes. They aren't cheap but they are a lot less stressful  Smile
(09-06-2018, 10:14 AM)Unknow999 Wrote: Hi All,

I need help/advice.
I will give you little bit background first.

I have 2 daughters 5 and 9 year old. I am separated from 2 years.
Me and my ex don't have any formal custody agreement we never been also in court. We fallow the plan prepared by myself however never agreed by her.
Plan is that I take girls from Fri to Sun every second week and Thu every other week plus holidays ect.

Yesterday my ex told me that she is going on holiday (in 1 week for 1 week) and she have to leave girls with me. 
I said that i am working during this week and in the weekend i am out of the town.
She said that she don't care and she will leave kids in school in Friday and go.

Honestly in this week the project which I am preparing over 1 year is going live and i cant take off like this.

Is there anything what i can do please? I cant believe she can do this kind of things without consequences.
I would be very  appreciate for any advices

thanks

When she does, go to Court on the Monday for an emergancy Child Arrangements Order, due to her abandanment of the child.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I would probably allow her to go on holiday. aren't both your daughters at school anyway . if you refuse could end up with a family court battle and things getting hostile. what she is doing is wrong and it definitely needs to be discussed that you cant just clear off for a week and make threats to leave kids at school gates. she should have given u a lot more notice. if she does go and u had a stern word with her I guess good thing is u will see your children without any problems. or it all could kick off if she cant go Sad