Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cms force you on collect and pay
A few months ago I missed a child maintenance payment and I was not aware of the missed payment to my ex, two weeks after payment was missed I received a letter stating my ex is insisting on collect and pay and me been charged the extra 20% .
I explained I currently don't have the payment as my account was empty after I had to purchase 3 new passports for our boys as ex wouldn't pay for them, and I only had enough money left to see me throu the month, this is the only payment in 3 years I have missed, I have offered to pay an extra £20 month to pay the money due to financial difficulties but ex insisting collect and pay .
Can cms make me change to collect n pay
Yes they can but they shouldnt for one missed payment.
Write in to them and formally explain your situation.
Offer to pay extra to make up for the missed payment.
If they insist with the transfer then make a formal complaint and appeal all the way to tribunal if you have to.

Dont miss any future payments as this will make their case to use collect and pay even stronger.
Thank you very much for the advice.
I have this month increased my payments from £330 to £350 to show I'm willing to repay arrears.
I have a large joint unsecured loan with ex and I explained it was for her business and she will not contribute towards loan, as to which puts me under financial difficulty, they said they could look into loan to reduce my payments but the loan had not got her business name on it, it's just a joint one of £26k
(09-04-2016, 05:25 AM)Dean7781 Wrote: Thank you very much for the advice.
I have this month increased my payments from £330 to £350 to show I'm willing to repay arrears.
I have a large joint unsecured loan with ex and I explained it was for her business and she will not contribute towards loan, as to which puts me under financial difficulty, they said they could look into loan to reduce my payments but the loan had not got her business name on it, it's just a joint one of £26k

I have already advised on this, on thread http://www.separateddads.co.uk/forum/sho...hp?tid=396

The loan will not help you case, as its in both names, so you both need to pay it, so your not going to be able to show your at an unfair disadvantage.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Force House Sale Leader1978 9 850 11-18-2019, 06:24 AM
Last Post: Leader1978
  Force Sale of House - Unusual Situation Helpneeded 1 1,631 11-26-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Mike29145
  Ex Partner on Benefits, Collect and Pay Issue MarkR 0 905 10-18-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  CMS force collect and pay Dean7781 10 7,335 09-19-2017, 08:05 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Forced to Collect and Pay (No grounds)? daddyshortlegs 2 1,896 08-29-2017, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Drew65