Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foriegn Income issues
Hi new to the Forum so looking for some advice 

I have been split from my partner for over 3 years now. For the first 3 I was self employed paid myself with dividends 40k a year max. For the first year of being sepertated I paid my ex partner 250 a week as I carried on paying my half of the moragage. So the Maintence payment was 150 per week. 

I signed over the house and dropped the money to 150 a week then last year I dropped to 120 a week. I go halfs on expesive things like coats school uniform and pay for activites gymantics and theatre school. I also dont have my ex provide clothes for when she is with me I buy my own 

Recently there have been a few changes, I work in brazil 6 on 6 off for a non uk based company. I have kept the payment of 120 a week in place. 

My ex wants more due to her having my daughter the weekends am away. I have asked for more time when am home to make up for being away but she just says no. She is threatenign to take me to court over what I earned in the past ( she has limited company statmetns not my personal) 

I roughly earn 60k a year tax free now. 

Has anyone been in a similar sitation 

I have to add i have a new home with my partner and her two children. So i think my current payment is in line with the CMS calc
(09-21-2018, 01:00 PM)JOHNAQ1 Wrote: Hi new to the Forum so looking for some advice 

I have been split from my partner for over 3 years now. For the first 3 I was self employed paid myself with dividends 40k a year max. For the first year of being sepertated I paid my ex partner 250 a week as I carried on paying my half of the moragage. So the Maintence payment was 150 per week. 

I signed over the house and dropped the money to 150 a week then last year I dropped to 120 a week. I go halfs on expesive things like coats school uniform and pay for activites gymantics and theatre school. I also dont have my ex provide clothes for when she is with me I buy my own 

Recently there have been a few changes, I work in brazil 6 on 6 off for a non uk based company. I have kept the payment of 120 a week in place. 

My ex wants more due to her having my daughter the weekends am away. I have asked for more time when am home to make up for being away but she just says no. She is threatenign to take me to court over what I earned in the past ( she has limited company statmetns not my personal) 

I have to add i have a new home with my partner and her two children. So i think my current payment is in line with the CMS calc

You need to look at the CMS calculator, but the considered facts are

a, Your income, do not include your partners income or any joint benefit claims if you have any.

b, If your new partner gets child benefit at the same address as you, (or would do if not affected by Income Cap) there will be a reduction.

c, It is the number of nights over the year what sets out the reduction you get. The brackets are 0-52,53-104, 105-156, 157 - 174 or 175+

As the Resident Parent, she has no right to insist you get contact. It comes down to your avalialbity. However, you do have the right to 50% of the weekends in school terms, so a Court might give you 4 out of the 6 when you are about. (so in effect, you have 2, then she has 1).
You can also get half school holidays, but that would depend where you are.

See how your case sits on the calculator, and if its less, pay £20 to open a CMS case, and do not give her a penny more.
https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance

If it flags up to pay more, wait until she goes to CMS.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(09-21-2018, 01:27 PM)MarkR Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 01:00 PM)JOHNAQ1 Wrote: Hi new to the Forum so looking for some advice 

You need to look at the CMS calculator, but the considered facts are

a, Your income, do not include your partners income or any joint benefit claims if you have any.

b, If your new partner gets child benefit at the same address as you, (or would do if not affected by Income Cap) there will be a reduction.

c, It is the number of nights over the year what sets out the reduction you get. The brackets are 0-52,53-104, 105-156, 157 - 174 or 175+

As the Resident Parent, she has no right to insist you get contact. It comes down to your avalialbity. However, you do have the right to 50% of the weekends in school terms, so a Court might give you 4 out of the 6 when you are about. (so in effect, you have 2, then she has 1).
You can also get half school holidays, but that would depend where you are.

See how your case sits on the calculator, and if its less, pay £20 to open a CMS case, and do not give her a penny more.
https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance

If it flags up to pay more, wait until she goes to CMS.
Thanks for the reply Mark, 

I have done the calc and its bang on pretty much what I give her. I do want more contact when am home so am looking at taking her to court so I can have maybe a week on a week off when I am home. Its crazy really as if its not my day and she is in work I cannot even take her the park after school she would rather my daughter sits in her nans !!!!

When am home i get two evenings after school but have to have her home by 1830HRS, She will not let me have her over night and take her to school, I must be imcompetant of that task !!

My home is 2 minutes from my ex !! my partner does not claim any benifits etc so its pretty much straight forward but she is hounding me for 600 a month. I actually offered her 570 a month so 50 more but she said no shes taking me to court !!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Financial separation - income Alibash 6 659 10-23-2019, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Alibash
  High income child benefit charge miker_71uk 3 1,601 09-26-2018, 06:05 AM
Last Post: miker_71uk
  Income and profits from self employment? pretzelzzz 9 3,532 07-19-2018, 07:19 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Sharing my income with ex whilst in same house Riverside78 3 1,617 06-29-2018, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Hazy
  Maintenance on low income 2hanger 18 8,458 03-14-2018, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Separated Dads
  Confused at CSA making up my income! sammac 13 8,768 10-20-2017, 10:00 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  CSA - reducing net income daddyshortlegs 6 9,090 04-20-2016, 12:13 PM
Last Post: daddyshortlegs