Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft divorce petition
Hi. Finally I have received it.
1:Reason for divorce ' behaviour'
2: she want to apply for a financial order?
* Herself
*Children
Not sure what do I need to do now. I dont agree with her statement as it is not true.

Also it doesn't ask me to sign or reply.

Any advice?
(09-22-2018, 04:20 PM)AK2018 Wrote: Hi. Finally I have received it.
1:Reason for divorce ' behaviour'
2: she want to apply for a financial order?
* Herself
*Children
Not sure what do I need to do now. I dont agree with her statement as it is not true.

Also it doesn't ask me to sign or reply.

Any advice?

well it is exactly same situation here as you explained above ( 100 %). Ticking for the financial order is standard practice, and all the made up stories from the ex is a standard practice too. I have got the same for both. There is a provision to acknowledge / Contest. I plan to acknowledge of course, HOWEVER  with a note that says ' I do not intend to defend the petition BUT neither accept nor admit the allegations contained within the petition'. 

SO it is effectively a non-admission based based divorce response. You will need to send the ack back with a signature.
I won't deny petition, but her statement made me feel emotional...
And still have feelings for her also I love my kids and don't know how it will affect them emotionally...
Will read it again tomorrow once I am calm. Not sure do I need to see solicitor at this point.
I am afraid if I do agree, I would agree to support her financially..

Thanks
Sorry to hear.
Chin up. Try get some self time. I too am going the process. Easy decision for me as I cant wait to get shot of her. Its the allegations crap n the financial bit that gets my back up.
(09-22-2018, 08:00 PM)AK2018 Wrote: I won't deny petition, but her statement made me feel emotional...
And still have feelings for her also I love my kids and don't know how it will affect them emotionally...
Will read it again tomorrow once I am calm. Not sure do I need to see solicitor at this point.
I am afraid if I do agree, I would agree to support her financially..

Thanks

AK - I feel for you mate, but please allow me to be little blunt (based on my own personal experience)...do love you children which obviously you will, but pack your emotions for your ex and put it away at least for the time being. Ex'es see that a sign of weakness. If the situation has come to divorce after all, and with all those allegations she might be cooking up, I would say she is ready for it, therefore so should you. My ex has been the most narcissist that I have seen in my life through her actions and allegations thru court process, but privately she says she misses me ! But I have learned to look at it objectively, which is to ensure there is a closure to divorce proceedings, and who knows sometime in future we can talk thru some of these things, may be bit of friends because of our children ( i don't rule that out) but for now I'm laser focused to see the closure of this dirty game that she has started. PS: personally I won't bother seeing the solicitor just for divorce unless there is significant financial fall out/implications coming out of divorce.
Thanks for reply.

I would try to avoid solicitors but she is demanding 70:30 finance split, also child is involved... Situation is getting worse, she has not paid rent for 9month, and I am worried that we may be evicted. ( More worried about children, how will they take it). Still can't understand a reason for non-payment, possible she wants to get housing provided by council.
So I don't think I will be better off without a solicitors.
So... I have asked to remove or adjust few statements of her. I guess now I need to wait for amended statement, or it may be sent to court.
She has not mentioned her new boyfriend, and I forgot to add it in my comments as a reason.
Also today I have seen on her job application as emergency contact her lover's name as a partner.

Now it's important for me to reclass divorce reason to adultery.
I won't change the outcome, but I would feel better emotionally.

Does it worth it?
(10-05-2018, 07:56 PM)AK2018 Wrote: So... I have asked to remove or adjust few statements of her. I guess now I need to wait for amended statement, or it may be sent to court.
She has not mentioned her new boyfriend, and I forgot to add it in my comments as a reason.
Also today I have seen on her job application as emergency contact her lover's name as a partner.

Now it's important for me to reclass divorce reason to adultery.  
I won't change the outcome, but I would feel better emotionally.

Does it worth it?

not an advice but one possible thing to ponder over is, is this new boyfriend come into scene 'after separation' or before. If it is after separation the case for adultery would be little weak I would have thought. If it is before separation then she might deny but onus will be on you to prove it, I thinks.
Hi. Thanks.
Definitely she had an affair before separation, I was suspecting that. She was not coming home overnight saying she is at work and does not worth driving. ( She would always come home before that) She does not care much about the kids ( it's a benefit for me, as I don't know what agreement we will have regarding children), so I am spending as much time as possible now.
I thought I even moved on, but new findings put me back emotionally. I don't want to come back home, don't want to she her.
In a positive note it was not me who destroyed family..( she still blames me)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Petition strider 10 7,350 03-29-2017, 06:29 PM
Last Post: MarkR