Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report from contact center
dear dads

while waiting for first hearing for childrens contact, ex has changed my regular contact at family home to supervised @ contact center claiming all the false DV/DA, turned out to be blessing in disguise as all of a sudden I now have the evidence of how children bonded with me and vice versa thru contact center taking report and cctv. My children are near 2 year old. The scene at the contact center was rather emotional for both me and children and the one that you'd normally see with a caring dad and children ( i played with them, changed nappy, feed them and read story and even sang a lullby !)

My question is  a) When do I ask for the report from contact center be made available to me b) how and when the report (and cctv) will be used while the court case is on ? 

Sean
CCTV wont be used in court. The courts may order reports at 1st hearing to be made available for next hearing from contact centre and supervised contact will be likely to continue. a s7 report will be asked for and caffcass will be contacting you. Contact is likely to stay supervised until next hearing unless your ex partner allows it to be unsupervised. they will need to get to bottom of DV/DA allegations which is commonly used a lot to stop contact or dads to be restricted to a contact centre for a period of time. As long as your calm and child focused at 1st hearing and not running mum down you will go along way to getting what you want in long run. you will be able to get a lot of advice on here. a 1st hearing is normally only around 30 mins and normally leads to another hearing 5/6 weeks later. theres normally at least 3/4 court hearings to attend and can take up to 5/6 months on average
(09-26-2018, 09:22 AM)warwickshire1 Wrote: CCTV wont be used in court. The courts may order reports at 1st hearing to be made available for next hearing from contact center and supervised contact will be likely to continue. a s7 report will be asked for and caffcass will be contacting you.  Contact is likely to stay supervised until next hearing unless your ex partner allows it to be unsupervised. they will need to get to bottom of DV/DA allegations which is commonly used a lot to stop contact or  dads to be restricted to a contact centre for a period of time. As long as your calm and child focused at 1st hearing and not running mum down you will go along way to getting what you want in long run. you will be able to get a lot of advice on here. a 1st hearing is normally only around 30 mins and normally leads to another hearing 5/6 weeks later. theres normally at least 3/4 court hearings to attend and can take up to 5/6 months on average

thanks much that was very helpful. 5/6 months is a long time especially thinking I will miss out on most of the children's early development, I guess in the long scheme of things I probably just need to suck it up (unless someone puts some sense into mothers head !). SO the report made by contact center will go to Cafcass first as part of S7?  and I hope that along with anything else in S7 report will be made available to me before the 2nd hearing ? Thanks again

Sean
i think the court will if ex partner refuses to give you unsupervised contact order supervised for time being and reports from contact centre. caffcass , courts and ex partner/solicitor would i imagine get a copy just before next hearing commences

you could ask contact centre for reports now though if they will do it and serve copies to courts , ex partner etc or take them into court on day to try and push for unsupervised . ex may change her mind or get worried if reports are good as she isnt justifying her reasons for it being supervised.

i would be asking for 4 hours unsupervised as an interim contact order at 1st hearing and have reports from contact centre to back it up. you can then say its important that your young children have routine, stability and its important they see both parents.
by next hearing they will be over 2 years old as well. you dont normally get overnight contact if ex partner refusing contact until they are 2 years old
(09-26-2018, 10:51 AM)warwickshire1 Wrote: i would be asking for 4 hours unsupervised as an interim contact order at 1st hearing and have reports from contact centre to back it up. you can then say its important that your young children have routine, stability and its important they see both parents.

Thanks much, I agree this is good way forward in my situation.
Just to update, today at the contact center, the contact worker gave me the report from last 2 sessions without me asking, and I could only thank that there is still some good left in this world ! the report is squeaky clean, no concern whatsoever about my care and bonding with the children. In fact the report is loaded with points how well I took care of the children, and how well children interacted with me. I'm glad I got this report before CAFCASS first call with me, I  will use this as a proof of ex'es devious intentions to separate children from father by cutting the regular contact. 

now question is, how do I make these reports available to CAFCASS or Court before the start of the hearing ?
I would take reports in on day of court , but also tell caffcass that you have been given a positive report from contact center. hopefully this will help you see children unsupervised quicker as you have already done supervised

caffcass may ask for report to be emailed to them or they may look at it on day. also you could try and get ex to stop being so awkward by sending a copy to her solicitor and one to the courts.

By doing this you will be hoping that she lets interim contact unsupervised go ahead until next hearing and can argue the point why it should be supervised if not necessary
(09-30-2018, 04:25 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: I would take reports in on day of court , but also tell caffcass that you have been given a positive report from contact center. hopefully this will help you see children unsupervised quicker as you have already done supervised

caffcass may ask for report to be emailed to them or they may look at it on day. also you could  try and get ex to stop being so awkward by sending a copy to her solicitor and one to the courts.

By doing this you will be hoping that she lets interim contact unsupervised go ahead until next hearing and can argue the point why it should be supervised if not necessary

Thanks for the pointers warwickshire. I can't wait to speak to Cafcass and for court appearance.