Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP I'm worried sick
Hi. I'm posting this from abroad. my neighbour who looks after the house said this morning that a DWP letter is waiting for me that's quite 'thick'. My son has left school and I'm unaware of what his next plans are.

now this may be a rediculous question but I'm worried sick what this letter may be?
I don't want my neighbour to open it.

is there a standard letter they send out to none resident parents ? I was assessed 3 year ago.

any help appreciated URGENTLY

I feel sick , and so far it has ruined my one and only holiday a year causing friction between me and my partner.

Thanks

ps I know it isn't a statement as I only received one prior to flying out of the U.K.
(09-08-2016, 10:31 AM)suggs108 Wrote: Hi. I'm posting this from abroad. my neighbour who looks after the house said this morning that a DWP letter is waiting for me that's quite 'thick'. My son has left school and I'm unaware of what his next plans are.

now this may be a rediculous question but I'm worried sick what this letter may be?
I don't want my neighbour to open it.

is there a standard letter they send out to none resident parents ? I was assessed 3 year ago.

any help appreciated URGENTLY

I feel sick , and so far it has ruined my one and only holiday a year causing friction between me and my partner.

Thanks

ps I know it isn't a statement as I only received one prior to flying out of the U.K.

Hello, from what I remember dealing with DWP/CSA the thick letter was usually a yearly one just reminding you of your payments and included various pamphlets. 
If you believe that your son is planning further education he is the best person to talk to would be him or his mother as to the future.
Stay strong I've been there and it's tough.
Ah. I'm not lucky enough to see my son and no contact happens with my ex ( although I've had a contact order for 3 years).
The Letter? It's the ' make a new arrangement from March 17 ' one.
Thing I need to ask is if I offer a family arrangement and she doesn't what next?
secondly, if Direct Pay or The other option , Collect and pay is introduced, do the CSA reassess me or the old payment transfers?
Does that mean 2 payslips again etc? and how do they calculate my payment? 15%?

I'm currently on CSA 1

Sorry for all the questions but it's still going round constantly in my head - on holiday - great eh?

many thanks
(09-08-2016, 07:06 PM)suggs108 Wrote: Ah. I'm not lucky enough to see my son and no contact happens with my ex ( although I've had a contact order for 3 years).
The Letter? It's the ' make a new arrangement from March 17 ' one.
Thing I need to ask is if I offer a family arrangement and she doesn't what next?
secondly, if Direct Pay or The other option , Collect and pay is introduced, do the CSA reassess me or the old payment transfers?
Does that mean 2 payslips again etc? and how do they calculate my payment? 15%?

I'm currently on CSA 1

Sorry for all the questions but it's still going round constantly in my head - on holiday - great eh?

many thanks

CSA 1 and old court orders do not always follow the new rules.

You need to check what can make a claim end.

In CMS cases, its now if Child Benefit is now longer in payment.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Thanks for that. It says in the letter to continue paying the payment in place until a set date next year. does that mean I have until that date to tell them what my offer is? so I can ring March next year?????
(09-08-2016, 09:27 PM)suggs108 Wrote: Thanks for that.  It says in the letter to continue paying the payment in place until a set date next year. does that mean I have until that date to tell them what my offer is? so I can ring March next year?????

Because this is a CSA case, its not handled under current rules.

If a court order exists, let me know, and ill advise on changing it, if not, you need to speck to their office.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
yeah. thanks for that but there are no court orders involved