Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solicitors!?!?
A couple of months back i appointed a solicitor to help me with my situation . . I had to make a £380 payment on account . . I bit the bullet and just did it . .

A couple of weeks back i rang anonymously to the firm and asked how that payment worked - would my solicitor notify me when that credit had run out? I was given a clear yes . . .

Yesterday a letter landed on my doorstep telling me i owe them £660!!

How can they do this??? I'm fuming!!

I work in construction, and where i'm from once you've hit your order value we wont lift a finger without clear instruction. How can it be they just turn round and hit me with this shit?

I didnt even get a good service. . The letters they wrote were littered with mistakes - even basics like names and addresses were wrong.

Someone please tell me how i sort this shit out . . I paid them to help me with my problems, and all they've done is given me another one!
I would ring them and say you dont feel you should pay them and say exactly what you wrote above. poor service , letters you paid for which they charge you loads for full of errors and spelling mistakes. they have had £380 and dont see why you should pay anymore for such poor quality service
(09-30-2018, 09:41 AM)Living Bate Wrote: A couple of months back i appointed a solicitor to help me with my situation . . I had to make a £380 payment on account . . I bit the bullet and just did it . .

A couple of weeks back i rang anonymously to the firm and asked how that payment worked - would my solicitor notify me when that credit had run out? I was given a clear yes . . .

Yesterday a letter landed on my doorstep telling me i owe them £660!!

How can they do this??? I'm fuming!!

I work in construction, and where i'm from once you've hit your order value we wont lift a finger without clear instruction. How can it be they just turn round and hit me with this shit?

I didnt even get a good service. . The letters they wrote were littered with mistakes - even basics like names and addresses were wrong.

Someone please tell me how i sort this shit out . . I paid them to help me with my problems, and all they've done is given me another one!

You need to write to the Complaints Partner, even if this is the person who worked on your case.

They are required to update you on their expected costs, so you need to check your letters from them, to see if they did this, in advance of going over budget.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I fired my solicitor after I started getting invoices for 800, 600, 1200, 1000 even before the first court appearance. I now do all the paper work and representation myself ( for Divorce, Finance and Children Access). I spend most of my weekend researching, reading and obviously taking help here on this forum.
Just refuse to pay the sods. All lawyers are a cancer and should be burned at the stake.

This is exactly why I am self-representing for now. The only things you really need is someone to cross-examine the ex during fact finding if your not up for it, and maybe the shuttle diplomacy before hearings.
Thank you for the replies. . . I will take the advice onboard . . I'm not comfortable paying these fee's

These solicitors are criminals!

Tempe what happens if i refuse to pay the sods?
(09-30-2018, 08:17 PM)tempe_arizona Wrote: Just refuse to pay the sods. All lawyers are a cancer and should be burned at the stake.

This is exactly why I am self-representing for now. The only things you really need is someone to cross-examine the ex during fact finding if your not up for it, and maybe the shuttle diplomacy before hearings.

yes agree, I reserve the decision to use solicitor for the final hearing / cross examination. I might use the barrister, said that I put together all the points that comes to my mind in one document. Eventually I either have to cross examine myself or bring barrister up to speed with the case anyway.
I've just fired off this email to my solicitor:

Please do not carry out anymore work on my behalf.

I received a letter on Saturday informing me that I now owe £660 for the work you have carried out. I fully plan on contesting these charges.

I rang the office anonymously a few weeks back enquiring about the payment on account. I was told very clearly that the solicitor will notify me once that payment had been spent.

When I appointed you to help me with my problems I did not plan on giving you a blank cheque to just invoice me for whatever amount you see fit. Instead of helping me with my problems you have now just given me a new one. I do not have that kind of money to just pluck out of thin air.

I understand it is your trade to make money out of peoples misery but I did think you'd have a bit of a conscience about how you go about doing it. I'm going through one of the toughest periods in my life and you've just come and put the boot in.

I'm not even happy about the quality of service I have received. The letters you have written have been littered with mistakes - even simple things like getting names and addresses wrong. You even issued a letter with a spelling mistake after I pointed it out to you!.

Please point me in the direction of the customer service / complaints department.

Regards

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holidays and solicitors advice Daddywidow 4 2,360 02-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: herewegoagain