Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shared Custody
Hi

I am about to start mediation and am currently writing the Parenting Plan
I want to put down "Shared Custody" and a proposed plan ie 3/4 nights a week.

Has anyone come up with a plan that allows both parents to have a weekend each (every 2 weeks) 

I can't seem to figure out how to do this
(09-09-2016, 01:39 PM)alanpalin Wrote: Hi

Has anyone come up with a plan that allows both parents to have a weekend each (every 2 weeks) 

Since Welfare Benefit Reforms its very hard to get a 50/50 order. One of you will be the Resident Parent, who has the child over 50% of the time, so they can claim Child Benefit, Tax Credits and the child's occupancy only courts in their house for Housing Benefit (number of rooms or Bedroom Tax).

The other parent gets to pay Child Support, what takes into account their income, if they have any children living with them, and then a reduction is made depending on number of nights staying contact.

A typical shared case is Friday till Sunday every 2 weeks, and on that week perhaps 1 mid week stay over. On the other week, perhaps 1 or 2 nights stay over.

School holidays are normally separate, and even if just basic contact is in place, you will get half if you asked. This amounts to 6.5 weeks, so if you can not do that, then 1 week at Easter and Christmas and 2 weeks in summer might work.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(09-09-2016, 01:39 PM)alanpalin Wrote: Hi

Hi, not sure if you are still on here? I am in a very similar situation and wondered how you got on and what the outcome was if you have one yet. Thanks
Hi Riverside - it might be better to start a new thread and you'll get more responses. There are Dads on here who've got 50/50 shared care.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My child's mum is stopping me from Seeing my son after 3 years of shared custody Chant 2 1,208 08-17-2018, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Tamagoto
  Can I get shared custody Riverside78 12 3,665 06-29-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: watsa64
  Shared custody Charlie 1 1,307 12-30-2017, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Shared Custody mum trying to force what I do on my days richard1 2 2,616 08-19-2016, 09:09 PM
Last Post: richard1