Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex and new partner
I have been seeing a new partner for 4 months now, she wants to meet the kids, and I want them to meet her, i have full parental responsibility, but the ex is telling me I can’t do x y or z or I won’t see them, getting me really stressed out

Anybody else been in this position and how did it all work out?
When the children are with you - who they meet and what they do is entirely upto you, as long as they are safe.

Do you have a child arrangements order?
If Yes - She still cant tell you who they meet and what they do without a C100 (Prohibited Steps Order)
If No - She still cant tell you who they meet and what they do without a C100 (Prohibited Steps Order) - and the critical fact here is you are BOTH on the same legal standing at this present time.

I had to sit through a coffee with my ex and my daughter, my new gf - her daughter and a friend .... that was f*cking awkward.

I wont do it again - when I have my daughter its OUR time, my ex can just sit there and be quiet whilst we have fun and do things - whatever my ex now wants, it is immaterial.
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Thanks,

She’s just trying to control everything, if I’m working and hire a sitter I’m a dead beat and binning kids off, she insists on video calling them when I have them, even though she didn’t bother when I didn’t have a partner, she’s ruining out time together.
I would stop the video calling straight away. like you said didnt bother when you didnt have a partner so just doing it to disrupt your life and cause trouble.

It may be a good idea however to not introduce new partner just yet. I just had a thought its only 2 months until christmas, now is favorite time for ex partners to deny dads their contact and be awkward. If you are going to introduce your new partner i would do it straight after christmas . At least if she does stop contact or causes trouble you can deal with it then.

I not seen my kids on christmas day for last 5 years as my ex partner is spiteful and knows how hurtful it is .
Sorry like Warwickshire1 says - bin the video calling. Tell her if she wants to video call them then put it in a C100 (the judge will probably bin her off at that point for being too controlling)

The time with you should be quality time and she should not be disrupting it - this is a silly degree of control that should not be happening.
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
As all above have said the time your children have with you SHOULD not be dictated or interrupted by your ex partner, when i felt the time was right for both parties to be introduced it just happened... i couldn't careless what my ex thinks anymore, you just do whats right for you chief and your kids.
Don’t ask. Don’t tell. Nothing to do with her never has been never will be.
My ex partner moved out 3 weeks ago. Last weekend she took the kids for dinner at a bloke's house. He is the ex partner of her current best friend. His kids are friends with mine. He's also her weed dealer. He grows weed there. Not sure how I feel about it.
Smoking weed is one thing. Growing and selling makes you a target for gangs and real criminals. Tell the coos
(10-11-2018, 04:19 PM)Tamagoto Wrote: Tell the coos

Aye man - hoots tell the coo's Wink