Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To be child focused
Hi everyone. Can some one advise what's is described as being child focused? I guess that would involve how I am communicating with my future ex regards child needs?

*Shall I start shearing dates and times via Google calendar. ( She always forgets)
*Supporting her financially for kids holidays? ( How I would know that I am not supporting her)
* Attending parents evening at school ( it's only me who does that)
*Doing homeworks and any activities with children.(it's only me who does that)
*Getting involved in child's life
*Do I need to ask her to join us for any of outing days/family days? ( I bet she would reject it )

Thank you
great topic. I would be interested to know as well, so thank for asking Smile

one way I interpreted it to myself was that, keeping children's emotional, physical requirements, their routine, well being at the forefront of our discussion inside & outside the court, than trying to show mother in bad light or ever worse trying to throw her under the bus ( hard I know !) 

I look forward the responses...
Child focused is :

*Shall I start shearing dates and times via Google calendar. ( She always forgets) she probably chooses to forget. I would concentrate on your own dates and times

*Supporting her financially for kids holidays? ( How I would know that I am not supporting her) You can arrange your own holidays with children yourself . What she does is down to herself.
* Attending parents evening at school ( it's only me who does that) Very child focused . Shows school you care abt children and their schooling. Up to your ex what she does
*Doing homeworks and any activities with children.(it's only me who does that) Very child focused . again you are showing great interest up to your ex what she does in her time. Children will appreciate what you do
*Getting involved in child's life You already doing that by seeing them and spending time with them
*Do I need to ask her to join us for any of outing days/family days? ( I bet she would reject it ) Definitely dont ask her to join any outings or family days unless you are getting back together. Unless you become great friends further down line then maybe you could

Child focused is also children seeing your regular and often. routine and stability and them able to have a loving relationship with you and to always be nice about their mum/mummy no matter what awful things she does.

I guess also as best as you can to be amicable to each other in front of your children and wanting whats best for them. with an awkward ex not much chance of that and best avoiding them if you can. If they are old enough pick and drop off to school as much as possible and text or use a handbook Smile
Totally agree Smile
Child focused - it's a time spent with the children,beeing a father ...a time when you don't think about future ex.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proving false allegations or staying child focused? Avry 18 25,816 07-23-2019, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Chi21965