Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women get bored of sex, stability and the same thing day in, day out than men science
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle...en-and-sex

Discuss
I read the subject line and almost thought we had spammers
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
I ban 10 a day Sad

But on the subject Big Grin

Changed the title to something more likely to stimulate debate Wink
Its not really so relevant to my current situation as my ex had a pretty low libido throughout the majority of our relationship; but yeh the sex is always much better at the beginning of a relationship than it is once you are steady......and I think its largely down to the change in the woman more than the man....

An example that springs to mind - a few years back I was in a relationship with this ginger lass. When we got together the sex was intense and adventurous.....it slowly tailed off as it normally does....then after a year or so we split up....

A couple of weeks into the split we started texting and decided to meet for a drink and a catch up.....after a few cooking lagers and the odd glass of vin ordinaire we are back at mine and the intensity of that situation was like it was at the beginning....

I'm not going to get graphic, but it really registered with me even in that moment that it was her that made our steady relationship sex more mundane and routine....
Variety is indeed the spice of life - it seemed so relevant here because I keep seeing the same stories again and again - starts well, someone gets bored, doesn't seem to know what to do with it, has an affair, everything explodes!
I think what I've found is that once you know how to get each other to that happy ending it can be a situation of that being the main reason for the event.....

Its easy to forget that the excursion is often more exciting that arriving at the destination.....
What LB said.
To follow LB's metaphor, in the early days my wife was always incredibly well prepared for an excursion. Often over-prepared. Very quickly it turned out that for subsequent excursions I had to get involved a lot more with getting all her necessary equipment ready. For an excursion.
(10-15-2018, 09:04 AM)mikec Wrote: To follow LB's metaphor, in the early days my wife was always incredibly well prepared for an excursion.  Often over-prepared.  Very quickly it turned out that for subsequent excursions I had to get involved a lot more with getting all her necessary equipment ready.  For an excursion.

This is the thing.....from here it can go a few ways....

The bloke can see that she's not going on excursions like she used to. He still remembers all the great excursions they went on and he kind of resents that they aren't happening anymore. He either accepts it and keeps it moving, or he looks to going on excursions with other people.

The woman is surely aware that excursions aren't what they used to be. She either works at it or decides that she wants to go on excursions with other people.

In my situation a few weeks before our split she acknowledged she had been neglecting her excursional duties and told me she wants us to get back to excursioning again. We even prepped for excursions (we bought a new double so we'd have the spare room free for when our daughter was asleep).

Now I don't think she's even got excursions on the mind.....
What I took from this the most - if you excuse me not slipping into too many metaphors... is that women may well not be the stay at home, safety and security first, have sex to keep a man close and protecting them, creatures we are often taught that they are. They get as bored as men, if not more and are not likely to want to stick around when it does get boring.

But this goes against the cultural norms, the accepted set of behaviours that we can all engage in, and therefore we all feel conflicted, angry, helpless, unusual - and it often ends in marital disaster like so many stories we have seen here

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Strangest Thing Your Ex Accused You Of? invisibleintellectual 15 4,583 01-16-2019, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Gra76
  Women’s movement. Naive 14 4,764 11-13-2018, 08:34 PM
Last Post: DadDolent