Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Court - Child Welfare Report
I was wondering has anyone had experience with the Scottish Courts Child Welfare Reports?

I have just had mine done however I thought that this would be about me & my relationship with my daughter however this was not the case.

I was getting questioned about relationships with other people, etc & only one question about me & my daughter.

Was wondering if this kind of thing was normal however my solicitor has gone off on holiday & not back for a week & I have been left feeling like this was a Spanish inquisition against me & the reporters words was very much sounding like my ex
Thought would update here the progress of this for anyone else who may end up dealing with Child Welfare Reporters.

So solicitor has returned from annual leave & managed to speak to them about the interview.

A bit of back story first to explain my situation & reason for this report, for my case the reason we had the child welfare report came about is due to my ex making a lot of accusations in regards to myself & my daughter. While her & her solicitor policy through out this case has been to attack me with accusations & other strange things, this has left the sheriff of my case (luckily have stuck to the same sheriff throughout the court proceedings) getting frustrated, in order to close the case she has asked the Child Welfare Reporter to do a report on how the daughter is with myself & her mother during pick ups & drop offs.

I stated to the reporter that I have no issues with my daughter apart from what you would expect from any young toddler while my ex decided to once again attack my character (the same ones that I received in the courts which the sheriff dismissed quickly) which lead to these questions.

My solicitor has stated she is not worried & that this should work in my favour that I have always just focused on getting time with my daughter & my ex trying to raise the same issues again & again that have nothing to do with the well being of my daughter.

I should get the report on Friday (due to needing it 3 days before court hearing) so will update again just for anyone else who may look for answers as I didn't have luck as most articles I found on the web was to do with the cfafcass.

Hopefully it turns out fine but cant help being anxious with what is going to be said, 30 min interview with only 10 mins with my daughter being there to describe me as a father is worrying.
I don't have any experience with child welfare reports, but the Sheriff did order "time to talk" for my daughter due to her resistance to contact.
The result was fairly neutral, but demonstrated that my daughter basically thinks whatever her Mum thinks, wants whatever her Mum wants etc. She lives with her Mum and has hardly seen her Dad for two years, so no real surprise. I'm not sure what view the Sheriff took of it, she didn't really comment. 
It was not nice to hear, but I have to remember that my daughter is entirely the innocent party. It's her parents who are idiots!
Good luck. I hope things go well.
(10-25-2018, 02:55 PM)Skintdad Wrote: I don't have any experience with child welfare reports, but the Sheriff did order "time to talk" for my daughter due to her resistance to contact.
The result was fairly neutral, but demonstrated that my daughter basically thinks whatever her Mum thinks, wants whatever her Mum wants etc. She lives with her Mum and has hardly seen her Dad for two years, so no real surprise. I'm not sure what view the Sheriff took of it, she didn't really comment. 
It was not nice to hear, but I have to remember that my daughter is entirely the innocent party. It's her parents who are idiots!
Good luck. I hope things go well.

Don't worry at times I have had my daughter "fake" resist wanting to come with me, while still young they do pick up on both parents reaction to each other however when I got her away from her mother during these times she became herself very quickly & from what I could see enjoyed spending time with me as much as I did.

It was always before court she "didnt want to go with me" which I know was her mother causing this reactions.

It will take time but you'll find your daughter attitude will improve with you over time, way my daughter was at the beginning of the year when I got contact with her to now is completely different, routine helps them out, hope you can get some time with yours soon even if starts with very little & build it up from there. I was lucky that I started court proceedings very quickly when I realised what my mothers daughter was doing not long after our split  so sherriff quickly instigated a few hours each week & 1 night every second weekend (thankfully cause of my Solicitors actions).
Well report is in & have to say thanks to this forum it went great.

I remained child focus & the only bad mouthing of my daughters mother was "as long as court is ongoing its going to be impossible to build a relationship without a foundation first", reporter agreed.

All my suggestions for holidays with my daughter has been classed as best interest of the child.

My daughters mother however decided to use it as a witches tribunal & bad mouthed me in every way possible with unbacked-up allegations & while the interview was meant to be just us 2 (separately) she got her friends involved to try & have there shot in this as well which has not gone down well with the reporter.

She has even stated she gives our daughter to her friend Tuesday & Thursday nights so I am waiting for my solicitor but hoping I could get those nights aswell as dont see why her friend should get priority over myself.

Got court on Wednesday so looking good & just want to thank everyone on this forum putting up their experiences which has helped me greatly
In England (as I am sure it would likely be in Scotland), Contact is based on YOUR availability - so if your available (and want to do so), I could see no reason why you wouldnt get Tuesday and Thursdays
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
(10-29-2018, 04:07 PM)invisibleintellectual Wrote: In England (as I am sure it would likely be in Scotland), Contact is based on YOUR availability - so if your available (and want to do so), I could see no reason why you wouldnt get Tuesday and Thursdays

Bit different here, Scottish courts dont like anything like shared custody as they think it is bad for the child, they only like every second weekend. 

It currently is up in scottish parliament & potential changes happening withing the next 2 years (just finished reports which show shared custody best interest of the child) until then though its up to the mothers discretion. When it does change I will definitely be fighting for those nights.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welfare check list Sb1353 3 1,383 02-12-2019, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Leader1978
  Cafcass report only been sent to the court sab1971 6 4,286 11-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Last Post: invisibleintellectual