Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice plz mother works within crts
Good afternoon all, 

Im due in court soon due to mother 1st refusing to let me take child on holiday then having no access at all.

It has come to light that the mother has been working within the courts over the past year where it is being held!! 

This is very distressing as there is alot up for stake shall i say. What im asking for is only basic co parenting needs Every other weekend, half of school holidays, alternative Xmas and birthdays and most importantly shared journeys she lives 5 hours round trip away and for the past 3 years ive had to make the journey due to new job i wont be able to do this no more.

Im asking for any advice from anyone

I will be self representing 

Most importantly with the mother working in the same court i can imagine these places can be clicky shall i say advice please

Or shall i get a mckenize friend for the day 

many thanks to all for reading
(10-28-2018, 02:29 PM)Ty121 Wrote: Good afternoon all, 

Im due in court soon due to mother 1st refusing to let me take child on holiday then having no access at all.

It has come to light that the mother has been working within the courts over the past year where it is being held!! 

This is very distressing as there is alot up for stake shall i say. What im asking for is only basic co parenting needs Every other weekend, half of school holidays, alternative Xmas and birthdays and most importantly shared journeys she lives 5 hours round trip away and for the past 3 years ive had to make the journey due to new job i wont be able to do this no more.

Most importantly with the mother working in the same court i can imagine these places can be clicky shall i say advice please

I wouild not get a McKenzie Friend, as they have no right to attend Court, and even if allowed in, the chances are they will not be allowed to speck for you.
If you can afford a Solicitor, do that, if not, Self Represent.

Transport is your problem. You have no legal right to it, but ask your HR department if there is any flexablity over your working hours, to accomodate the contact.
Even if its not in your normal job role, is there any other part of the business where you can make up any time you take off.
You need to be able to get the child to yours at a normal bed time by Friday night, or just have Saturday to Sunday PM, every other week.
While you will get half school holidays, as most people get 4 weeks and bank holidays a year, you might want to ask for 2 weeks in the Summer (and another weekend, with a week at Christmas and Easter.

Note losing the Friday will affect CMS, as the brackets are 53-104, then 105-156 nights.
However, you can claim for your travel to contact costs. This is 9p per mile round trip both times. You have to pay the first £10 per week, over that will result in a reduction.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(10-28-2018, 05:32 PM)MarkR Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 02:29 PM)Ty121 Wrote: Good afternoon all, 

I wouild not get a McKenzie Friend, as they have no right to attend Court, and even if allowed in, the chances are they will not be allowed to speck for you.
If you can afford a Solicitor, do that, if not, Self Represent.

Transport is your problem. You have no legal right to it, but ask your HR department if there is any flexablity over your working hours, to accomodate the contact.
Even if its not in your normal job role, is there any other part of the business where you can make up any time you take off.
You need to be able to get the child to yours at a normal bed time by Friday night, or just have Saturday to Sunday PM, every other week.
While you will get half school holidays, as most people get 4 weeks and bank holidays a year, you might want to ask for 2 weeks in the Summer (and another weekend, with a week at Christmas and Easter.

Note losing the Friday will affect CMS, as the brackets are 53-104, then 105-156 nights.
However, you can claim for your travel to contact costs. This is 9p per mile round trip both times. You have to pay the first £10 per week, over that will result in a reduction.

Hi mark thank you for for reply unfortunately i wouldnt be able to get the time off as yet with work to accomodate contact this is why i need the courts to understand that it needs to be shared drop off as mother is the one who moved away. if it wasnt to be allocated i feel that doing a 10hour drive betwwen sat-sun would ruin mine and my child's relationship because most of it will be spent driving? surely the courts will understand?

Thank you for you advice ill have to self represent then due to fees of solicitors i feel i voice my options correctly to the courts
Unfortunately a family court would not be asking a mum to do shared drop offs. U only get them if ex partner agrees to it. As you are likely be doing all pick ups and drop offs you may have to sort something out with your work. I would probably if i was in your shoes ask to finish work on a friday at say 3pm to go and pick your children up and then drive back with children around 3:30 sunday with their mum sorting their evening meal out.
(10-28-2018, 10:39 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: Unfortunately a family court would not be asking a mum to do shared drop offs. U only get them if ex partner agrees to it.  As you are likely be doing all pick ups and drop offs you may have to sort something out with your work. I would probably if i was in your shoes ask to finish work on a friday at say 3pm to go and pick your children up and then drive back with children around 3:30 sunday with their mum sorting their evening meal out.

Im starting a new job and for the 1st year their wont be a chance in finishing early. The drives are killing me now i just cant believe the courts surely if the mother moved away she has to take responsibility/help towards sharing the journey for over 100 miles one way?
No they never do. you know why cause if they ever ordered something like that you know she wont turn up anyway. Only other option you got is now and again depending where your children live is staying in area caravan park/camping site for 1 night so you cut your driving down. I do all the pick ups myself as well and drop offs , mileage does clock up as well after i drove everywhere. no reasoning with most ex partners...when car broke down i was on buses for hours
(10-28-2018, 10:48 PM)Ty121 Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 10:39 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: Unfortunately a family court would not be asking a mum to do shared drop offs. U only get them if ex partner agrees to it.  As you are likely be doing all pick ups and drop offs you may have to sort something out with your work. I would probably if i was in your shoes ask to finish work on a friday at say 3pm to go and pick your children up and then drive back with children around 3:30 sunday with their mum sorting their evening meal out.

Im starting a new job and for the 1st year their wont be a chance in finishing early. The drives are killing me now i just cant believe the courts surely if the mother moved away she has to take responsibility/help towards sharing the journey for over 100 miles one way?

The only thing you can do, is ask for contact at times your able to get the child their and back.

Is the child old enough to get a train?
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(10-28-2018, 11:07 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: No they never do. you know why cause if they ever ordered something like that you know she wont turn up anyway. Only other option you got is now and again depending where your children live is staying in area caravan park/camping site for 1 night so you cut your driving down. I do all the pick ups myself as well and drop offs , mileage does clock up as well after i drove everywhere. no reasoning with most ex partners...when car broke down i was on buses for hours

This is all shocking the system is a complete joke! Staying over night is not really possible for me to enjoy my time with my child. But you doing all the driving affects the time child spent with child and is classed as travelling?

(10-29-2018, 07:25 AM)MarkR Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 10:48 PM)Ty121 Wrote:

The only thing you can do, is ask for contact at times your able to get the child their and back.

Is the child old enough to get a train?

Then this would only be on the school holidays 

The child is to young for the train
I really sypthasize with your situation. Where your children are young i took advice from some old owls haha. This is to get as much time as you can whilst they are young..its brilliant as before u can blink they are teenagers and they in some cases have their own lives and no fault of mums no longer want to see u and then u can work loads of hours if that makes sense. Time goes so quickly guess i am building up foundations hehe
Court ordered my partners ex to share the travelling. Hope that gives you a glimmer of hope.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Found it, boom. [reasons shared care works for child] Naive 3 4,450 03-20-2018, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Charlielovesyou
  Need Some Advice About Kids And Their Mother draddict 8 9,468 10-02-2017, 03:10 PM
Last Post: LTCDAD
  School Head Teacher is biased toward mother as she works in the same school Dadof2 1 4,691 12-27-2016, 08:47 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Any advice on how to contact child after mother moved away and took her..? Becks76 3 6,996 08-31-2016, 07:21 PM
Last Post: MarkR