Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice please
I have been to first direction hearing and judge has ordered CAFFCASS to produce section 7 report. Despite 100 of allegations, court aren’t doing find fact hearing which is good. They asked CAFFCASS on the below:

With whole the children should live

Whether the child should see the party with whom child isn’t living with
How often and how long the children should see the party with whom the children not living and consideration of possibility of progression of the contact during assessment period
The wishes and feeling of the children so far as they can be ascertained
The home condition and suitability of both parents
Concerns raised by both parents
Wether or not children emotional/ educational/ physical are being met by parents
The effect on the children of the proposed change of the main care giver
Whether or not it appears that children have suffered or at risk of suffering the harm alleged by mother/ father
Parenting capacity of the mother / father having regard to allegations made
Recommendations in respect of arrangements for the children including stepped arrangement with a view to a final order is possible
Wetherspoon there is necessity for a full physiatric assessment of the mother.

Will CAFFCASS come and visit my house to ensure it is suitable for the children? I stayed in the family home so this is where shildren used to live 3 months ago.
Any tips how to deal with CAFFCASS would be appreciated. I am expecting loads of allegation to the offices as ex tends to make up things as she takes to a different person.
(10-29-2018, 02:05 PM)Sb1353 Wrote: I have been to first direction hearing and judge has ordered CAFFCASS to produce section 7 report. Despite 100 of allegations, court aren’t doing find fact hearing which is good. They asked CAFFCASS on the below:

With whole the children should live

Whether the child should see the party with whom child isn’t living with
How often and how long the children should see the party with whom the children not living and consideration of possibility of progression of the contact during assessment period
The wishes and feeling of the children so far as they can be ascertained
The home condition and suitability of both parents
Concerns raised by both parents
Wether or not children emotional/ educational/ physical are being met by parents
The effect on the children of the proposed change of the main care giver
Whether or not it appears that children have suffered or at risk of suffering the harm alleged by mother/ father
Parenting capacity of the mother / father having regard to allegations made
Recommendations in respect of arrangements for the children including stepped arrangement with a view to a final order is possible
Wetherspoon there is necessity for a full physiatric assessment of the mother.

Will CAFFCASS come and visit my house to ensure it is suitable for the children? I stayed in the family home so this is where shildren used to live 3 months ago.
Any tips how to deal with CAFFCASS would be appreciated. I am expecting loads of allegation to the offices as ex tends to make up things as she takes to a different person.

HI first of all apologies, not a lot of comments, but I need to follow this thread as I'm probably going to be put on a similar path by the court. And also loads of false allegations from the ex.
CAFCASS are unlikely to visit your home, it will be a telephone interview lasting about 20-40 minutes.

Dont diss the mother and remain child focussed.

As for allegations - welcome to the club - almost all of us here have had everything levelled at us.
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Thanks. I have already done telephone interview with CAFFCASS this is section 7 and I was told that they will interview me in person.
I’d like to hear from those who had done this.

Thanks.
I have had a Section 7 (and a Section 16A) - it was only done via Phone Interview (and my case was extremely acrimonious)
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
How would they assess suitability of accommodation of both parents?
Sb1353

Well done no fact finding . family court is all a game . you got to basically put up with whats happening at moment. in end u are going to come away victorious. no fact finding is a huge win as they know your ex has issues with u. judges will often put stuff to satisfy your ex so dont read too much into negative stuff. concentrate onthe issues they have with ex rather than u as they not got any.

also seems cafcass like u .looks positive report. just carry on being how u are child focused but nice about mum and u will be fine. always encourage and want best for her and u just want to be a father and see children goes a long way Smile
Thanks Warickshire1 I am interested to know how they produce their report, what kind of questions they ask, how they assess accommodation suitability etc.
A section 7 report will always involve a home visit. Other wise the report cannot be completed . The reporting officer will adhere to the welfare check list.
And incompetent report will fail to acknowledge this.

I practiced in this area of work and it is important that we as father's mold our own position statements along side the welfare checklist.
The courts will have no excuse to then undermine your position as a parent.
Thanks asd1270 . I am in a better position that my ex. I live in the family home which is a large 4 bedroom house. I have just finished refurbishing it. I work for myself and I can stay home and look after the children. Also children are from dual heritage and I’d like them to understand my culture as well as their mothers. My wife lives with her parents basically in a spare room (for now).
Any tips how to present myself to CAFFCASS would be appreciated. I think they have listened to my concern around wife’s mental health issue ( I think she has Postpartum Psychosis ) . They haven’t recommended find fact hearing despite endless of falls allegations.