Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When protection measures in place
So far no order has been granted yet,

I only saw it on the L aid intimation letter that the STBX is seeking Protection measures on ground of UB. After the split shes been coming to my house on many occasions to collect her clothes, handover the kids and even had a coffee with her mum. Since last month Ive been collecting and dropping the child to school etc. 

She also knows I know her new female partner and they hang around a lot when the little one is with me on my care days. 
Honestly dont know the next steps, but in a case where there is a NMO or protection measure in place, how do you manage to communicate with the other parent on issues such as medical, holiday consent letter, etc?, as any dad here would be concerned with the welfare of the child...

Personally I know my STBX would love to use it as a bait so I was wondering if any of you have advice...

Thanks.
Heart  and peace.
(11-03-2018, 04:17 PM)Nakajima S Wrote: So far no order has been granted yet,

I only saw it on the L aid intimation letter that the STBX is seeking Protection measures on ground of UB. After the split shes been coming to my house on many occasions to collect her clothes, handover the kids and even had a coffee with her mum. Since last month Ive been collecting and dropping the child to school etc. 

She also knows I know her new female partner and they hang around a lot when the little one is with me on my care days. 
Honestly dont know the next steps, but in a case where there is a NMO or protection measure in place, how do you manage to communicate with the other parent on issues such as medical, holiday consent letter, etc?,  as any dad here would be concerned with the welfare of the child...

Personally I know my STBX would love to use it as a bait so I was wondering if any of you have advice...

Thanks.
Heart  and peace.

valid concern, but lot depends on what is IN the NMO and duration of NMO? The order ranges from no indirect contact, no direct contact, or contact limited to children contact etc etc. Safe option as has been discussed on this forum number of times, is to have no contact AT ALL ( at least from your side) but I'm sure there is legitimate reasons to have contact such as hospital appointment, xmas, birthday etc etc. In which case, Solicitor route is the most safest failing which there are letter templates on this forum could potentially use. But like I mentioned earlier, lot depends on what is stated in NMO.
You dont really need to be speaking to your ex about much at all really. You had coffee with her mum other day so there is a 3rd party you can use when school is shut. When school is open i would use school for drop offs and pick ups. medial issues school issues you can contact school and gp yourself. any holiday you want with child that would i guess be a major issue at moment.

She cant really stop you seeing kids if u still picking them up from school as we speak. i would just not bother ringing /texting unless it is about children and wont lead to an argument. i would also go back to your martial art classes as its destressing and gives u the feel good factor rather than go to pub which is more likely going to make u agitated
Thank you Sean and Warwickshire for the vital information  Smile , also got a call from nursery saying the child hasn't been picked up on time just yesterday. This would be her 4th warning on her pick up days.  Hope this also reflects on her character if necessary.
Where it is a nursery, it would have no impact or matter in a family court. However it would show you to be the better parent at nursery and they could write a letter to say you are always on time etc , child loves to see you.

Whilst it is a nursery you get away with been late and telling offs. when your child attends proper school then things will get tricky for her if she dont change her ways as they will say it affects your childs education and is disrupting class being persistently late
I’d look at an nmo as a ticket to be a completely independent and capable parent. Take child to the doctor when needed, organise birthday party and invite all the friends, get hair cut. All the things deep down I would feel obliged to inform her of, she can swivel on it. Let’s see how long the nmo lasts when she realises you no longer have to consult her on ANYTHING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Not returning children - residency order and child protection Dalton2018 2 3,322 09-22-2018, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Tamagoto
  Partners son on 4th child protection plan social services happy for him to live here avachops22 9 8,016 08-04-2018, 09:03 AM
Last Post: davep
  Protection against further allegations? Charlie7000 0 1,773 02-18-2018, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  child protection plan and going abroad bimma 10 10,533 02-09-2018, 06:50 PM
Last Post: bimma
  Help and advice urgently needed - child safeguarding and protection Truegunner01 1 3,721 11-20-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: MarkR