Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice regarding specific issue order - Scotland
I'm a new member looking for some advice.

I have an 11 year old daughter and have been separated from her for 8 years, in this time we have had a mutual arrangement of contact where I get my daughter every Friday from school and drop her back to her mother sunday pm.
For the past 1 and a half years my ex partner has had a partner in her life, whom has a lengthy criminal record which I was aware of but was happy that my daughter was at no risk and her mother would ensure this.
However, last week a local newspaper (and subsequently social media) made me aware that this man had recently been in front of the local sheriff court regarding various allegations over a period of 10 years including assaulting, stalking and abusing different woman and children.
I immediately contacted my ex and made it clear that I was taking my daughter into full time care as I felt my daughter was at risk, which was added to through the newspaper article providing her current address, her mother allowed me to take her.
This man has been released until his next court appearance in 4 weeks time.

I am not really sure what my next steps are, I have told the ex that she can have contact with my daughter for a few hours here and there and under no circumstance do I want my daughter at her address or around this man but I have no real trust in this, and haven spoken to my daughters school/family support officer I am not really sure where I stand with anything. is a specific issue order my next logical step?

Any advice or thoughts would be hugely appreciated and thanks for taking time to read!
Can you do a Sarahs Law application - this would give you clear guidance from MAPPA if this person is actually a danger to your kids, from then you can make a judgement call.
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
(11-06-2018, 12:01 PM)invisibleintellectual Wrote: Can you do a Sarahs Law application - this would give you clear guidance from MAPPA if this person is actually a danger to your kids, from then you can make a judgement call.

I'll look into that right now, thank you!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  specific issues order for childs medication trickster001 0 153 08-14-2019, 09:19 AM
Last Post: trickster001
  specific issue orders for schools marwood 0 391 01-17-2019, 03:23 PM
Last Post: marwood
  Family court (Scotland) Skintdad 2 836 10-29-2018, 12:49 PM
Last Post: gormander
  C100? Specific issue? Prohibited steps? Which order to make? TheDetective 4 1,685 07-19-2018, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TheDetective
  divorce, I'm in Scotland and my ex in England chuffy.shunter 2 1,624 08-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Last Post: chuffy.shunter
  I'm moving to Scotland marccs7 4 3,370 05-10-2017, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Frisbos
  Help Scotland tontas 4 3,064 01-05-2017, 05:58 AM
Last Post: tontas
  Emergency Specific issue order jgchambers 2 4,157 07-25-2016, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jgchambers
  Petrified my son is moving to Scotland Hellboy 4 3,796 06-21-2016, 11:55 PM
Last Post: Hellboy