Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women’s movement.
I joined the fathers for justice facebook group and there are some harrowing stories. One fella picked his child up as usual and ex called the police and claimed abduction and dv. He was arrested and jailed for six months, lost his job and his child. He kept telling the police to look at his phone but they didn’t. Eventually the messages were seen and he was released with £50k pay out and the investigating officers were reprimanded.

I’m not sure if I’m hyper sensitive but it seems the women’s movement have a choke hold, it’s everywhere now. I sat down to watch house of cards, my only and favourite tv watching. The whole of season 6 seems to be about women’s empowerment.

Anyway the reason for this post is because I feel that fathers rights have become hopeless against the tidal wave. Misogyny is about to become a hate crime but misandry not. Free legal aid for women only.

This got me thinking, if the courts aren’t going to presume 50/50 at the start and things aren’t going to change. Surely then, young boys and men should be taught about the pitfalls of having a child and what really happens.

I must admit many years ago I knew of f4j due to batman at parliament. But I knew little else, I had no idea.
There is so much hypocrisy and double standards.
Take yourself over to mumsnet if you want to see the raw, unabashedly brutal attitude.
Best not to read mumsnet or any woman man hating forums. only makes u more wound up especially if u had false allegations and access stopped for no reason at all
probably revenge for all the years man has earned more than woman in the work environment lol.....plus all the top bosses are men ...bollocks to them #singledadlife #dadpower #dadsmorefun #dadsthebest
(11-07-2018, 08:25 PM)Naive Wrote: I joined the fathers for justice facebook group and there are some harrowing stories. One fella picked his child up as usual and ex called the police and claimed abduction and dv. He was arrested and jailed for six months, lost his job and his child. He kept telling the police to look at his phone but they didn’t. Eventually the messages were seen and he was released with £50k pay out and the investigating officers were reprimanded.

I’m not sure if I’m hyper sensitive but it seems the women’s movement have a choke hold, it’s everywhere now. I sat down to watch house of cards, my only and favourite tv watching. The whole of season 6 seems to be about women’s empowerment.

Anyway the reason for this post is because I feel that fathers rights have become hopeless against the tidal wave. Misogyny is about to become a hate crime but misandry not. Free legal aid for women only.

This got me thinking, if the courts aren’t going to presume 50/50 at the start and things aren’t going to change. Surely then, young boys and men should be taught about the pitfalls of having a child and what really happens.

I must admit many years ago I knew of f4j due to batman at parliament. But I knew little else, I had no idea.
There is so much hypocrisy and double standards.
Take yourself over to mumsnet if you want to see the raw, unabashedly brutal attitude.

The system does feel weighted against men, but I'm going to try and inject a little balance, the system has already become more friendly to men, the clean break and the 50/50 starting point are both boosts for men, the law is reasonably gender neutral, but those people in the legal system aren't yet like that. However for every story of a man getting shafted by the legal system there are stories of women getting beaten up and treated bad too. The very reason the system seems weighted against men is due to the fact that society has traditionally treated women badly. The problem is that us men (and F4J) feel hard done by because on a personal level we get hammered by a system that is applying thinking from big societal issues into a very small area of law, it isn't us who have beaten our wives or forced them to stay at home looking after the kids or controlled their finances, but we pay the price for those men that have.

I've got a female friend who is getting divorced and her STBXH is refusing to even see their child, and is using his money to bleed her dry through use of solicitors, she is hundreds of miles from home and she cant even begin to look for work or have a social life because he wont even see his daughter for a day, she went to a work seminar thing with her 11 year old daughter because STBXH lets her down.

A woman I went out with for a few months had an ex partner who used to force her into having sex after they first split up, he used to threaten her with reducing maintenance payments and not looking after their son which would have made her job untenable, he threatened her with the 'legal system' that would have actually been on her side had she had the confidence to use it properly, but he used controlling and coercive behaviour for some years until she found the gumption to get past it. Even six or so years later she wasn't getting the maintenance for her son she deserved.

That said the other two women I've had relationships with had (by all accounts) very reasonable and positive separations from their original husbands. There are different sides to this gender war and it isn't all weighted in favour of the woman.
(11-08-2018, 09:04 AM)Mr Sandman Wrote: That said the other two women I've had relationships with had (by all accounts) very reasonable and positive separations from their original husbands. There are different sides to this gender war and it isn't all weighted in favour of the woman.

My current partner has a decent(ish) separation from her ex - they do shared care, etc which is something I am extremely jealous of. My ex partner however, sees me as the devil incarnate.
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
I would of thought if your ex partner does shared care with ex partner, that must be really good for your relationship as less dramas.
Does make you look at your own ex partner and think why cant you be like this instead of doing the opposite, i actually feel sorry for her current partner as
she was obsessed day and night finding ways to prevent contact and stop me no matter what
Yeah it is less Drama as its really cool and adult .... my own ex partner would prefer that I just sent the cash to her each month and didnt do anything ..... fat chance
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
(11-07-2018, 08:25 PM)Naive Wrote: Take yourself over to mumsnet if you want to see the raw, unabashedly brutal attitude.

I did.....and if my ex ever went on there for advice it might explain her belief that she is some sort of victim.

There are some seriously angry women on there........they will tell a woman to file for divorce if her husband so much as overcooks her omelette one morning....

Even if the baked beans and patatas bravas were cooked to perfection!
very child focused..NOT.

I decided 4/5years ago after contact stopped to fight to end through legal system to see children. I could see major troubles ahead if i didnt as they would grow up without their own dad. Walking away is the easy way. Well worth it in end when you battle through loads of things you think your ex would ever do. looking back at false allegations although angry , they make me laugh now how ridiculous they are . me and kids are well bonded and oldest one has clocked on his mum is awkward now.
(11-08-2018, 09:41 AM)Living Bate Wrote: overcooks her omelette one morning....

I would divorce you if you served me an omelette ........

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women get bored of sex, stability and the same thing day in, day out than men science Tamagoto 11 3,100 10-15-2018, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Tamagoto