Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change of plans
Hello

Had a child arrangement order in place for 1.5 years for 8yr old child.
Mainly covers alternate weekends Fri-Sun.

Due to my job with government, I am unable to look after my child for a month.
This was not covered in the child arrangement order at the time, as I thought I would of left before being sent anywhere again.

My mother is able to look after him on these weekends without me there. However how does that stand? I haven't asked yet the child mother yet and am predicting a potential (but not definite) hostile response. Just wanted to know if his nan is allowed to carry on with the arrangements by law or is it all up to the childs mother now?
(11-08-2018, 06:42 PM)Anonydad Wrote: Hello

Had a child arrangement order in place for 1.5 years for 8yr old child.
Mainly covers alternate weekends Fri-Sun.

Due to my job with government, I am unable to look after my child for a month.
This was not covered in the child arrangement order at the time, as I thought I would of left before being sent anywhere again.

My mother is able to look after him on these weekends without me there. However how does that stand? I haven't asked yet the child mother yet and am predicting a potential (but not definite) hostile response. Just wanted to know if his nan is allowed to carry on with the arrangements by law or is it all up to the childs mother now?

If she makes an issue out of it, then contact can not go ahead.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
That is what I had assumed, thank you for clearing that up.
Contact depends on your availability not hers
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plans, courses, seminars? Cheese_head_1986 1 2,552 12-14-2017, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000