Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancelled Hearing
Hi All,

Has anyone been in a situation where they were using a barrister on a direct access basis and the hearing was cancelled with 20 hours notice and I still had to pay the barrister. I've tried claiming it back from the court but they are giving a woolly excuse and refuse to fully compensate.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark
(11-12-2018, 03:52 PM)MarkyB Wrote: Hi All,

Has anyone been in a situation where they were using a barrister on a direct access basis and the hearing was cancelled with 20 hours notice and I still had to pay the barrister. I've tried claiming it back from the court but they are giving a woolly excuse and refuse to fully compensate.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

What was the reason for canceling?
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Judge wan't available....

Swindon courts circuit are renown for their incompetence.
(11-12-2018, 04:53 PM)MarkyB Wrote: Judge wan't available....

Swindon courts circuit are renown for their incompetence.

When you instructed your Barristor, they would of wrote to you regarding charges.
You need to see if there is anything in the terms on that letter, what covers this situation.

My take on it is you should not have to pay the whole amount, for example, there was no need to travel to Court.
If they done any other chargable work that day, then its not fair to expect you to pay them also.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
as it was direct access I had no option but to pay the full amount.
(11-12-2018, 07:44 PM)MarkyB Wrote: as it was direct access I had no option but to pay the full amount.

You do. Under the terms of their certificate to practice, they have to send that letter I refered to about their fees.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Court Cancelled cornishguy91 7 4,072 08-03-2017, 12:34 PM
Last Post: des.dad