Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed with on going issues
Hi folks just after some advice, I have been seeing my daughter in a contact centre since the court granted me access and it has been going great seeing my lil one again. However after each contact session I receive an email or text message from the ex asking how it went. She has already been told this by the contact centre but tries to spark up conversation which leads away from our daughter. I also receive lots of demoralizing or pointless emails too when she's obviously sitting there stewing. Now she says she wants to meet me to discuss what contact I have with our daughter and how things will work after next court date so she can advise her solicitor. I'm reluctant to reply but what advice can you give
(11-13-2018, 03:39 PM)ALFIE137 Wrote: Hi folks just after some advice, I have been seeing my daughter in a contact centre since the court granted me access and it has been going great seeing my lil one again. However after each contact session I receive an email or text message from the ex asking how it went. She has already been told this by the contact centre but tries to spark up conversation which leads away from our daughter. I also receive lots of demoralizing or pointless emails too when she's obviously sitting there stewing. Now she says she wants to meet me to discuss what contact I have with our daughter and how things will work after next court date so she can advise her solicitor. I'm reluctant to reply but what advice can you give

is the contact supervised or group contact ? if supervised they will write up the notes anyway which she can refer how the contact went ? If there is non-mol or any other restraining order against you at present ( as to why court would refer to contact center) then I wouldn't bother replying to her nastygrams AT ALL.
But I'm amazed how she is obsessed about trying to know what is going on in there, can't find anything else to do but to send you messages, she makes my ex look good on that point! Smile
It's supervised at the mo as I hadn't seen lil one for a while and the reports we get sent are all good, daughter's comfy round me,ECT. She still insists on bringing her into the room. I have literally just had 2 missed calls and a voicemail from her asking if/when I'd like to discuss our daughter so she can advise her solicitor or we can leave it until court if I want. As she feels frustrated she's always chasing me! I've done my seperated parent programme, got my medical disclosure and jumped through all the hoops the court has asked so why should I answer to her?
If there is a chance for everyone to gain, more importantly the child to gain out of court settlement thru increased time with daddy, I would be inclined. That is something court would want to see parents to agree themselves at some point in the process anyway. Should negotiation to fail, then you are not any worse off compared to your current situation, if anything you would use the negotiation as evidence that you have e come clean and willing to discuss in the best interest of the child. Based on your response I’m assuming you don’t have any non-mol against you which is much better place to be. Good luck.
No non-mol. I applied to court as ex stopped me seeing lol one. She's already said she's applying for full residency. I'm just in two minds to contact her as she always has an ultimatum and uses daughter as a bargaining chip. Of course I want the best for our daughter and that would mean her having time with my family and her sister too who's she's not seen in a year
(11-13-2018, 03:39 PM)ALFIE137 Wrote: Hi folks just after some advice, I have been seeing my daughter in a contact centre since the court granted me access and it has been going great seeing my lil one again. However after each contact session I receive an email or text message from the ex asking how it went. She has already been told this by the contact centre but tries to spark up conversation which leads away from our daughter. I also receive lots of demoralizing or pointless emails too when she's obviously sitting there stewing. Now she says she wants to meet me to discuss what contact I have with our daughter and how things will work after next court date so she can advise her solicitor. I'm reluctant to reply but what advice can you give

Assuming you have PR, you outrank her in the time the Court has put the Child in your care.

The Centre will feedback to either the Social Worker if there is one, or Cafcass.

Your ex has the right to see the Contact Centre notes, if you are using them to evidance that you should have contact, but she has no legal right to contact you.

Only a Cafcass Guardian or Social Worker can represent what they consider best for the children, not her.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on long term residency following years or issues will.edward 7 8,374 03-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Contact Issues - seeking advice Marg 1963 9 10,099 03-02-2018, 12:42 AM
Last Post: Charlie7000