Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Question - Court Tomorrow....
...for the umpteenth time!

Hi there,

Brief background – 11 year old son, lives with his mum. Decided he didin’t want to see me and his paternal family anymore when he was 8. Have been in court since, very long process etc. A 2nd Paediatric report has been done on him and due to be discussed Monday. The basis of this is that CAFCASS (who are trying) have said that due to panic attacks he was allegedely having at the thought of seeing me we needed to get the report(s) before they attempt at facilitating contact again. They did try in Jan this year at their offices but was a disaster as he wouldn’t even come in the room. The latest report basically says he fine, he’s expressed his desire not to see me, his panic attacks were at the thought of seeing me and any thought of seeing me will bring on more panic attacks. This pretty leaves me at the same point as what they have still failed to establish is why a seemingly perfectly healthy young boy doesn’t want to see his paternal family. No safeguarding issues etc. So what is next, I’ve got a horrible feeling after all this money and time that this could end up with the judge saying “sorry pal, we don’t know why but your son doesn’t want to have anything to do with you and his paternal family and there is nothing we can do, now can you clear off out of my court room”. I need to give my solicitor directions but at the moment I feel like this report puts me in check but is it check mate?
(09-18-2016, 07:47 PM)Thechief Wrote: ...for the umpteenth time!

Hi there,

Brief background – 11 year old son, lives with his mum. Decided he didin’t want to see me and his paternal family anymore when he was 8. Have been in court since, very long process etc. A 2nd Paediatric report has been done on him and due to be discussed Monday. The basis of this is that CAFCASS (who are trying) have said that due to panic attacks he was allegedely having at the thought of seeing me we needed to get the report(s) before they attempt at facilitating contact again. They did try in Jan this year at their offices but was a disaster as he wouldn’t even come in the room. The latest report basically says he fine, he’s expressed his desire not to see me, his panic attacks were at the thought of seeing me and any thought of seeing me will bring on more panic attacks. This pretty leaves me at the same point as what they have still failed to establish is why a seemingly perfectly healthy young boy doesn’t want to see his paternal family. No safeguarding issues etc. So what is next, I’ve got a horrible feeling after all this money and time that this could end up with the judge saying “sorry pal, we don’t know why but your son doesn’t want to have anything to do with you and his paternal family and there is nothing we can do, now can you clear off out of my court room”. I need to give my solicitor directions but at the moment I feel like this report puts me in check but is it check mate?

This might be due to something your ex might of told him about you.

Is there anything in his medical notes at the Doctors about it?

In law, "wishes and desires" do come into it from the age of 10, so unless you can evidance he has been "got at" by your ex, you might not have a case.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Had another wishes and feelings report done and it's done nothing to help - We're now at the end of the road and the next move will be to contest at a hearing or walk away. Any further moves I can make?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real quick advice required pl Dingle01902 10 10,495 11-13-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  last advice court tomorrow avadad 7 8,104 10-17-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Quick help please ST4N80 7 7,144 04-06-2018, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  help pls. Just a quick question asd1270 6 6,550 01-14-2018, 06:18 PM
  Court Tomorrow Whatola 8 8,496 11-16-2017, 10:16 PM