Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Friday night and....
....I've just finished my ironing.

Living the dream aren't we?!? Lol
Potentially you can relish in the fact that no one is criticising your ironing
If on her Highness's return, I'd left just one artefact of ironing on a hanger in a door frame, I'm under no illusion that she would've spotted a sub-standard sleeve or collar & pointed out how much better she is than I am.

As it was though, on her Majesty's said return, I was curled up on the sofa with my boys watching the 1977 live version of Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd on TV. She loves to hate me for that sort of stuff, I'm educating my boys in good music!
I can't sleep at all ..... hate it
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Tongue 
I'm sorry Dan, but I went to the pub  Tongue   I've gone all EastEnders!  Friday night in the local.  It was heaving though and I only had three, so it's harmless fun.  I'd given up drinking before our split.

Focus on the separation. Get it done.  Life isn't a breeze once it happens, but it's better.  You know I've still got my house to sort out but at least she isn't here.  

As for living the dream, tomorrow is housework day!

Hey! Congratulations are in order.  Today is my six-month breakup anniversary.
Congratulations, mine's in just over a fortnight!

She's out again tonight (she's got a far better social life than me) so I'll probably grab a couple of pints down the local later this afternoon. I'm not massively keen on going there on a Friday night, I tend to keep myself to myself when I'm out for a pint & it's heaving in there on a Friday night. Some of the guys I do chat to down there end up getting completely langered & I end up with one of them hanging off my shoulder, telling me everything is going to be ok & I need to go & get laid! Sometimes I'd rather just be left alone...
Guys - I haven't ironed a thing since it happened. Just  let everything dry for a couple of days on a rack inside the house. Then hang it up or put it away. So far creases don't seem to be an issue. They seem to drop out as soon as you put something on.
Jim - Someone once told me if you dip the bottom of a dried shirt in water then put it on a hanger, it'll straighten out. Not something I've ever tried but perhaps one day I'll test....

The polo shirts I wear for work though are a pain in the arse, line or tumble dryer they still end up looking like they've been dragged through a cobbled street so need ironing. My colleague has been a bachelor for years & always looks a complete mess as I don't think he's been introduced to an ironing board in forever!
I am staying up late to get some bloody sleep tonight .......
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
I heard somebody somewhere suggested if you can't sleep, the trick is to keep so busy till you drop. Sounded like an idea.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last night I finally unpacked my last boxes (books, come look) Tamagoto 9 5,504 10-12-2018, 01:15 PM
Last Post: wilfred
  Some Fri night humour asd1270 0 1,114 03-23-2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: asd1270
  Final hearing Friday 9th, I’m terrified! Tamagoto 14 9,482 03-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Tamagoto
  Having son over night for first time BHat 2 4,164 10-28-2016, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Separated Dads