Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final contested hearing - LIP. Not been asked to prepare anything by the court.
My partner is in court for a final contested hearing on weds 5/12.
Both parties are unrepresented.
Partner recieved a letter from a solicitor with a position statement from his ex, this Thursday.
Is he supposed to have done one? Is he supposed to have been ordered in what to prepare/provide and by when?

If it helps, the reason it is contested is because of Christmas mainly. Mum wants every single Xmas eve and morning, and dad have every other Xmas afternoon. Dad wants alternate Xmas' s (9am Xmas eve til 9am boxing day).

Other things are minor, such as increasing overnights, and agreements on when holidays are to be taken.

He already has his daughter 3 days a week, with one overnight.

He has prepared stuff for court, so he has his position clear. He's printed off text message evidence to show where she has breached the order and why the current order isn't explicit enough.

What should he be doing? He did ring court on 22nd Nov to ask if anything had been sent to him, and he was told no. He asked to update a new address and was given an email address to provide this information to, which he did on the same day.

I suppose he (and me) are now worried that he hasn't done something he should of. However as a LIP, how would he know what to do and when?

Thanks.
Has he received a court bundle from the respondents solicitors?

Basically if she has a solicitor the judge would order them to create the bundle

Just read they are both LIP .... he could create the court bundle - PM me for assistance
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
I might be wrong but seems like your ex partner may be represented at final contested hearing . Only reason i think that is that you have had a solicitor send you a letter with her position statement. I guess no bundle would have been ordered as at last hearing she didnt have one. If she has got a solicitor you would need to get the exact day and times right you after and holidays as solictor going to be making it awkward. thats if she has one.

The xmas issue is a tricky one what they will do. Age of children and distance to travel etc maybe factored in.
I cant see any reason why overnights wouldnt be increased but depends i guess on what days and times u asking for etc.

I would maybe pm invisibleintellectual especially about xmas exact circumstances so he can advise wether you got good case or not. If you lived a very long distance away it would be a definite yes almost to alternating
I didnt notice the fact that his ex had a solicitor to post to him - good catch Warwickshire

He basically has a Court Bundle - all he needs to do is send in his position statement 24 hours beforehand

I think I may be suffering from sleep deprivation LOL
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
The letter from the solicitor was just a position statement. It states that they aren't representing her at the hearing on it.
In that case - follow my PM's advice on this

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I request a Contested Hearing if not agreeing to a Consent Order andynumpty 6 941 08-28-2019, 08:16 AM
Last Post: andynumpty
  Final court hearing after completing supervised contact. What do I expect? bianworld 1 854 04-07-2019, 12:04 PM
Last Post: bianworld
  Final hearing thelongroad 3 1,239 01-16-2019, 04:38 PM
Last Post: thelongroad
  what happends after the final hearing, avadad 3 1,337 11-02-2018, 05:40 PM
Last Post: asd1270
  Final hearing - Postilion Statement MarkyB 1 748 10-29-2018, 04:23 PM
Last Post: invisibleintellectual
  Thinking of Representing Self at Final Hearing Powerkiter 2 999 09-25-2018, 07:14 AM
Last Post: Powerkiter
  Equal residence following final hearing CFC 4 1,982 08-31-2018, 10:52 PM
Last Post: nicosey
  final hearing , whats going to happen avadad 2 1,486 05-30-2018, 09:27 PM
Last Post: avadad
  final hearing statement help avadad 6 2,677 04-29-2018, 11:21 AM
Last Post: RD84
  Directions to final hearing? Cheese_head_1986 5 2,329 03-27-2018, 10:33 PM
Last Post: warwickshire1