Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
childs voice
just a quick one, at what age does a child have a voice to the court, I have a finding of facts hearing but I want to know if my daughter of 8 has a voice to the court, my daughter has been poisoned by her mother of course, but can she talk her self, what happens if she stands by her mother? this is so heartbreaking.
I believe the younger the child, the less weight their wishes carry in the courts decision.

Have a read here: https://www.burnetts.co.uk/publications/...assessment
Think i read somewhere on here its when the child is 12 years and older that courts will take on-board their opinions.
(12-11-2018, 09:09 PM)pazzer1973 Wrote: Think i read somewhere on here its when the child is 12 years and older that courts will take on-board their opinions.

It depends where the child is located, as in England its 10, and in Scotland its 14.

(12-04-2018, 10:04 PM)scottgrey Wrote: just a quick one, at what age does a child have a voice to the court, I have a finding of facts hearing but I want to know if my daughter of 8 has a voice to the court, my daughter has been poisoned by her mother of course, but can she talk her self, what happens if she stands by her mother? this is so heartbreaking.

Where a Court wants to consider the views of a Child, a "wishes and desires" report can be done, if the child be old enough under the law of that Country where the case is heard.

However, the Court will normally put in a Guardian or if Social Services are they are involved. Where the child is old enough, they will put the wishes and desires, but they will also add in their recomendation.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  specific issues order for childs medication trickster001 0 147 08-14-2019, 09:19 AM
Last Post: trickster001
Exclamation Changing my childs school without my consent JayJay 1 1,202 08-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Hazy