Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shared Care example
Hi

Going to ask for a shared care agreement on my next court access visit, ex will never agree and thwarts any access she can.

Can anybody give me examples of how you divide up a typical week/month for shared care access?
Same I'm gonna go for shared care/lives with both parents, an example would be great
Usually it's one week on one week off - or 2/2/5/5 (I think 2/2/5/5 is better unless the children are older).

So 2/2/5/5 is

Two nights a week with each parent during term time and every other week-end through to Monday morning with each parent. And half the school holidays defined. That is 50/50.

So for example if you had Wed and Thursday night each week then one week you would have them from school on Wednesday and Thursday nights, returning to school Friday morning. The next week you would have them from school on Wednesday night and they would be with you right through to the following Monday morning return to school (ie the week-end is tagged onto the wed thurs). Important to word it from school finish time through to school start time with all pickups and dropoffs to and from school.

Your ex would have the Mon Tues each week and every other week-end. Or you could have the Mon Tues and her have the Wed Thurs - whichever. For the Mon Tues - one week you have them Monday from School and Tuesday from school returning them Wed morning. The second week you have them Friday from school, over the week-end and the Mon Tues nights returning them Wed morning. So the week-end is tagged on before the two week nights.

Important to ask for the half the school holidays to be defined as well, with start and finish times (I am currently having problems with start and finish times of holidays!). Options are - certain weeks in the summer holidays, half terms all split or one full half term each (specify which) and one split. Half of Easter and Christmas holidays with Christmas defined dates on alternate years.

I have May half term, half of Feb half term (she has October), weeks 1, 3 and 4 in the summer holidays with weeks commencing the first Monday after term ends at 10am. (so the last weekend of the summer term is usual schedule). Christmas holidays defined as 23rd 5pm to 26th 11am and 5 days over New Year just before return to school on alternate years (you get the in between dates when it's her year). Half of Easter holidays, keeping to regular week-ends at the start to include a full week.

For the purpose of the application you could just put:
I request the court to make an order for the children to live with both parents on a shared care basis as follows:

The children live with their Father during term time
Week 1: 9am Wed to 9am Friday
Week 2: 9am Wed to 9am Monday

And Half the school holidays to be defined.

Although obviously you need to say more than that in your application - put the order request bit last and also request an interim order for regular time at first hearing (or time to be reinstated as before) to make sure you get interim contact - you won't get the shared care till a final hearing.
(12-18-2018, 11:41 AM)Charlie7000 Wrote: Usually it's one week on one week off - or 2/2/5/5 (I think 2/2/5/5 is better unless the children are older).

So 2/2/5/5 is

Two nights a week with each parent during term time and every other week-end through to Monday morning with each parent.  And half the school holidays defined.  That is 50/50.

So for example if you had Wed and Thursday night each week then one week you would have them from school on Wednesday and Thursday nights, returning to school Friday morning.  The next week you would have them from school on Wednesday night and they would be with you right through to the following Monday morning return to school  (ie the week-end is tagged onto the wed thurs).  Important to word it from school finish time through to school start time with all pickups and dropoffs to and from school.

Your ex would have the Mon Tues each week and every other week-end.  Or you could have the Mon Tues and her have the Wed Thurs - whichever.  For the Mon Tues - one week you have them Monday from School and Tuesday from school returning them Wed morning.  The second week you have them Friday from school, over the week-end and the Mon Tues nights returning them Wed morning.  So the week-end is tagged on before the two week nights.

Important to ask for the half the school holidays to be defined as well, with start and finish times (I am currently having problems with start and finish times of holidays!).  Options are - certain weeks in the summer holidays, half terms all split or one full half term each (specify which) and one split.  Half of Easter and Christmas holidays with Christmas defined dates on alternate years.

I have May half term, half of Feb half term (she has October), weeks 1, 3 and 4 in the summer holidays with weeks commencing the first Monday after term ends at 10am. (so the last weekend of the summer term is usual schedule).  Christmas holidays defined as 23rd 5pm to 26th 11am and  5 days over New Year just before return to school on alternate years (you get the in between dates when it's her year).  Half of Easter holidays, keeping to regular week-ends at the start to include a full week.

For the purpose of the application you could just put:
I request the court to make an order for the children to live with both parents on a shared care basis as follows:

The children live with their Father during term time
Week 1:  9am Wed to 9am Friday
Week 2:  9am Wed to 9am Monday

And Half the school holidays to be defined.

Although obviously you need to say more than that in your application - put the order request bit last and also request an interim order for regular time at first hearing (or time to be reinstated as before) to make sure you get interim contact - you won't get the shared care till a final hearing.

Perfect, will use this example.

I have a directions hearing tomorrow for the second breach in 6 months.

In January i have the final hearing for her first breach this year along with the variation to the arrangement order she keeps breaching.

Seeing as she is already in the stick for her farcical prohibitive steps order that got rejected then days later i had the midnight saga at my door where i had to take out a Non-Mol against her along with the chat with CAFCASS where they suggested i apply for change of residence if she continues to be unable to promote contact with my daughter, should be interesting.

Also had the CAFCASS report in, which is pretty scathing about her with the lies she has told, also found out that she didnt bother to pick up the phone when CAFCASS called her for her interview, she had agreed a time and date....?

Just wondering if this could be some sort of delay tactic dreamt up by her or the bottom feeding family law solicitor she now has in tow, still wondering how she is financing this but thats her problem. The idiot was worse than useless at her Non-Mol hearing.

Thanks
I do this as a family arrangement (i.e. not formal). Drop me a PM and I'll send you the template I use.
After hearing the rest of the stuff I think it would be worth asking for residency (ie child to live with you and spend time with Mother setting out the schedule for time with Mother). And also say if this is not possible then you ask for an order for 50/50 shared care set out as follows .........

I was advised you can ask for both. You have evidence with the non molestation order and the Cafcass report is helpful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Going for shared care sandman 6 5,982 07-26-2019, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Fatcat1980
  Shared Care - advice needed littleangel 4 5,337 11-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: littleangel
  Shared care sandman 2 3,387 10-24-2018, 01:18 AM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Shared Care / Residence davidj 19 16,412 08-22-2018, 04:28 PM
Last Post: davidj
  Found it, boom. [reasons shared care works for child] Naive 3 4,585 03-20-2018, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Charlielovesyou
  Arguments for 50/50 shared care Charlie7000 6 7,501 02-11-2018, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  MOTHER NOT STICKING TO SHARED CARE Pdaddy 11 12,448 01-17-2018, 08:25 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Recent case on 50/50 shared care Hazy 4 6,888 08-06-2017, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Hazy
  Shared care Child Arrangements Order, what shall I include? mcnl 1 3,874 03-24-2017, 11:38 AM
Last Post: LTCDAD
  Shared Child care si3624 4 7,878 03-22-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: MarkR