Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police and CS procedures after child hurt in questionable circumstances
Some months ago my 4 year daughter was hurt. The police were informed and they and a Social Worker attended the mother and child. I now have Parental Responsibility which means I am now privy to what CS have done, which is pretty much nothing.

When I was talking to the current Social Worker, they said my daughter should have been interviewed after the initial complaint, something that simply didn't happen from the mother persuading the authorities that nothing sinister had happened.

A month later and some stories that didn't add up my daughter was placed on the at risk register and there are now regular visits. In short the mother is protecting a third party.

Can anyone let me know the sequence of events that should have happened. The new SW used terms I don't recall.
(01-08-2019, 11:02 PM)Mikexx Wrote: Some months ago my 4 year daughter was hurt. The police were informed and they and a Social Worker attended the mother and child. I now have Parental Responsibility which means I am now privy to what CS have done, which is pretty much nothing.

When I was talking to the current Social Worker, they said my daughter should have been interviewed after the initial complaint, something that simply didn't happen from the mother persuading the authorities that nothing sinister had happened.

A month later and some stories that didn't add up my daughter was placed on the at risk register and there are now regular visits. In short the mother is protecting a third party.

Can anyone let me know the sequence of events that should have happened. The new SW used terms I don't recall.

As a person with PR, under the law you can do a Sarah's Law applicaiton on anyone your child comes into contact with.

This will flag up any convictions what could make them a risk to a child, and if it did, you would then apply to Court on a C100 for a Prohibited Steps Order, requiring her not to allow the child to come into contact with this person.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(01-09-2019, 09:08 AM)MarkR Wrote: As a person with PR, under the law you can do a Sarah's Law applicaiton on anyone your child comes into contact with.

This will flag up any convictions what could make them a risk to a child, and if it did, you would then apply to Court on a C100 for a Prohibited Steps Order, requiring her not to allow the child to come into contact with this person.

The issue is I can't be certain who the third party is, and if my suspicions are correct they are young enough to be unlikely to have committed any serious crime. I know of one minor prosecution not involving violence.

The question was more about the procedures involving harm to a child, like statement, interviews etc. This social worker used a term I have now forgotten regarding interviewing my daughter.
potentially doesn't have to be violence? surely something else?
(01-11-2019, 03:11 PM)Tom_W88 Wrote: potentially doesn't have to be violence? surely something else?

My question was primarily on procedure following the report of an unexplained injury.

I am already aware of prosecutions of those close to the family and so are CS, so sorry, but I'm not sure what is to be gained by this approach?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Police contact with child services yetanotherone 6 1,724 03-08-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Chi21965