Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex requests child maintenance without knowing how much I earn.
Hi all,

My ex-partner has requested child maintenance and I do not know if she has requested it from CMS or from any third party company, she does not provide me with any information. She has sent me a pic of the document which it says that I should pay £72.04 a week starting January 2019, I don't know how this calculation has been made because nobody got in contact asking about my earnings, as I don't know who I need to get in contact with and on which way should I pay any child maintenance, in the pic shows just shows Direct pay payment. I am afraid that in the future my ex asks for a delay in payments without the calculations having been duly made. 

I have been doing the child maintenance calculation in the GOV website and it shows in the worse case, that the amount to pay weekly is £56 and monthly £242. So I am very confused and worried about this. 

Is there anything I can do to dispute this? Can this payment be enforced?
CSA need to get in touch with you about payments. They cant take something if they not even spoke to you about it.
I would email/ring your ex and say you will to hear from CSA themselves.

You could voluntarily pay into her bank £200 a month until you hear something. CSA can only take money from you when your ex puts an application in. She should have a letter but it should be going to yourself if there was one
(01-09-2019, 07:06 PM)JorgeH Wrote: Hi all,

My ex-partner has requested child maintenance and I do not know if she has requested it from CMS or from any third party company, she does not provide me with any information. She has sent me a pic of the document which it says that I should pay £72.04 a week starting January 2019, I don't know how this calculation has been made because nobody got in contact asking about my earnings, as I don't know who I need to get in contact with and on which way should I pay any child maintenance, in the pic shows just shows Direct pay payment. I am afraid that in the future my ex asks for a delay in payments without the calculations having been duly made. 

I have been doing the child maintenance calculation in the GOV website and it shows in the worse case, that the amount to pay weekly is £56 and monthly £242. So I am very confused and worried about this. 

Is there anything I can do to dispute this? Can this payment be enforced?

You need to contact CMS, and ask them if they know about you.

If they do not, go to the Police as this might be fraud by her using fake documents.

Also sending you a PM
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Sounds like she is demanding a set amount without actually having any proof.

You need to tell her no, and show her the proof. If she has got hold of CMS they would of surely got hold of you already?

I have just found out after rechecking that CM i have been over paying (still direct to ex) since last year. And that's all to do with my pension.

I haven't mentioned this to the ex yet she will flip.
(01-10-2019, 04:43 PM)Tom_W88 Wrote: Sounds like she is demanding a set amount without actually having any proof.

You need to tell her no, and show her the proof.  If she has got hold of CMS they would of surely got hold of you already?

I have just found out after rechecking that CM i have been over paying (still direct to ex) since last year.  And that's all to do with my pension.

I have had sight of this document and it looks like its correct.

What I think has happened, is that they have the wrong address for the member, so they will of gone to HMRC to get income details.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(01-10-2019, 06:34 PM)MarkR Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 04:43 PM)Tom_W88 Wrote: Sounds like she is demanding a set amount without actually having any proof.

You need to tell her no, and show her the proof.  If she has got hold of CMS they would of surely got hold of you already?

I have just found out after rechecking that CM i have been over paying (still direct to ex) since last year.  And that's all to do with my pension.

I have had sight of this document and it looks like its correct.

What I think has happened, is that they have the wrong address for the member, so they will of gone to HMRC to get income details.

Ah i see.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spousal maintenance and child maintenance ontherails 7 3,103 07-19-2018, 10:32 PM
Last Post: ontherails
  Step-child impact on child maintenance nickynibbles 1 2,046 01-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Last Post: MarkR