Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex is Pregnant
Title says it all... Wondering how others reacted / felt / processed it? Thoughts welcome.
My ex had a baby about 3 months ago, got pregnant about 9 months after we split up, hilariously with the flatmate of the guy she left me for Smile

It was weird, very weird at first. that last unique bond you have with someone, even if you hate them, changes a lot.

Thing to remember is... it's not the babies fault, and your kid(s) will love the baby just as much. Try to be happy for them about it, supportive. Your kid(s) will also feel weird about it, but still excited and interested in the whole thing.
My ex got pregnant 2 1/2 months after I left.
I get what you mean about the bond... it's completely changed now... Just when I was getting used to the "new normal"... Man, this is tiring!
I'm happy for her, I genuinely am, I just worry about how it'll affect my child who is still only a toddler.
As you say, I'll be as supportive as I can - there is no alternative.
(01-14-2019, 10:20 AM)MrM Wrote: My ex got pregnant 2 1/2 months after I left.
I get what you mean about the bond... it's completely changed now... Just when I was getting used to the "new normal"... Man, this is tiring!
I'm happy for her, I genuinely am, I just worry about how it'll affect my child who is still only a toddler.
As you say, I'll be as supportive as I can - there is no alternative.

for a while you'll see your child spend more time with you.  Whilst mum no doubt has her hands full with the new baby. 

It won't be straight away, as she will want to show off the children to everyone, but give it a few months when the interest has gone in a new born baby, I put my money on it, your ex will ask you to have your child more and more.
Thanks both... great advice.
(01-14-2019, 11:50 AM)MrM Wrote: Thanks both... great advice.

welcome. 

It happened with me, my ex had two children before meeting me.  Soon as we had our first born, bingo to help with her the youngest of the older two be shipped off all the time.
oooo - both my kids say they cannot sleep at her house because of the crying, but they like coming to me because I bought 2 kittens.

So get kittens Big Grin
My dog has left. I'm getting cats next LOL
(01-14-2019, 03:26 PM)Fatcat1980 Wrote: My dog has left. I'm getting cats next LOL

the dog a euphemism for the ex? haha
LOL! Nope, a genuine fluffy dog but I guess I was asking for that. I'm actually pleased to say that I'd never describe my ex as a dog, but I understand why many of you would in your situations.