Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If things do come in threes...
...hopefully I'll be third time lucky!

Just thought I'd share this as it's amused me over a difficult couple of weeks with the ex.

I'm 7 months in to my split now & not actively looking for anything, don't really feel comfortable with any of that while I'm still in the family home with her & my boys & my local is hardly the place to pull but...

Weekend before last, 2 females not seen in the pub before latched on to me & couple of my mates (we'd been in there a while) & they weren't too bad either. Long story short, after a few drinks with them one invited me back to her house & on the spot I realised I was far too pissed for any of that (I probably would've embarrassed myself) so I politely declined. She wasnt happy about that & hasn't been seen since.

On Monday I had another lone female in the pub begin chatting to me, she probably had a good 10 years on me but had a cracking pair of legs & arse so I played along. Once again, a few drinks later & I'm invited back to her house, this time I thought "what the hell" so I accepted.

Half way walking back to her house she completely flipped & started screaming at me "why am I following her & why am I stalking her"! I made a rapid exit there back to mine & probably dodged a bullet.

Third time lucky?
Good God that story scared the shit out of me. Why would you tell that story so close to bed time?
That's the problem Dan. It's a jungle out there mate! LOL. I dipped my toe in briefly but decided to leave it a few months. I wasn't in the right place. Now I'm enjoying not giving a hoot about anybody (except my kids) and I feel like I'm getting my mojo back as well, so perhaps I'll get back on that horse again soon, but only for fun. But I'm going to avoid your pub.
My pub does appear to be either cursed or an attraction point for the occasional nut job.

To be honest, gave me a bit of an ego boost that I think I need right now but certainly a case of wrong place & wrong time.

All experience in this process though & I'm taking something out of it, there's some right nutters out there but I'll hook up with a reasonably less nuts one sooner or later & hopefully get a few things out of my system without being stabbed in their kitchen!
should of still poked the weird one and gone.

Just kidding you've done the right thing
(01-17-2019, 09:08 AM)Tom_W88 Wrote: should of still poked the weird one and gone.

Ha, ha......NO!

That was a bad situation, walking down a residential street in the dark with her & she flips & starts screaming (literally, screaming) that stuff at me out of the blue. I immediately realised how bad that would look if anyone was around to see & hear this so I was out of there like Usain Bolt!
(01-17-2019, 09:36 AM)DanDad Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 09:08 AM)Tom_W88 Wrote: should of still poked the weird one and gone.

Ha, ha......NO!

That was a bad situation, walking down a residential street in the dark with her & she flips & starts screaming (literally, screaming) that stuff at me out of the blue. I immediately realised how bad that would look if anyone was around to see & hear this so I was out of there like Usain Bolt!

I had someone round my flat Sunday night (slept with her before xmas)

Done the deed, and forgot completely what put me off her the first time.  

Tried to get rid, she didn't so we went for a walk to a local Tesco, she then snapped at me as i asked does she want me to get milk etc for a brew.

Told her on the walk back that she isn't staying, did the nice thing of making her tea (which she moaned at slightly) but then still didnt leave until gone 10pm.

Horrible.

And yes your right, no point in staying around with that happening.
It's a crazy mental world out there eh!
(01-16-2019, 07:25 PM)DanDad Wrote: Half way walking back to her house she completely flipped & started screaming at me "why am I following her & why am I stalking her"! I made a rapid exit there back to mine & probably dodged a bullet.

Third time lucky?

Dan, you dodged a bullet and found out that alcohol and women don't mix the same way they did when we were younger. Pulling whilst pissed in the pub is a high risk strategy, you could have been accused of rape, or her husband could have burst in and dry-bum-fucked you or anything.

I don't want to sound like a dad or anything but arrange to meet the next one when you're sober, third time is more likely to be lucky that way...
(01-18-2019, 12:44 PM)Mr Sandman Wrote: or her husband could have burst in and dry-bum-fucked you or anything.

Apparently her husband is dead but after that experience, if he is then I suspect he's buried in her back garden.

I haven't actually had a beer since Monday, pretty much on the basis of "this could get me into trouble"!