Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solicitor not responding
Hi all. In my latest post I mentioned that I have withdrawn my application for companionate reasons. However, there was 2 application and my ex solicitor has recommended to my ex not to withdraw her application ( I guess she wants to make a few quid). So I have dismissed my solicitor and I will be representing myself. However, it was ordered that all communication should be via solicitors and as I don’t have one I started to communicate to my ex solicitor but she isn’t responding. I wrote an email yesterday stating if she hasn’t responded by close of play today I will raise it with her firm and also Solicitots Regulation Authority. I read somewhere that they don’t have to respond but it was ordered by judge that communication should be via solicitors.

Also, ex solicitor was supposed to disclose all her medical resports to court and CAFCASS therefore she has breached court order. How do I deal with this?
I don't know to be honest. I have used lawyers on Just Answer before now and received great advice, plus they keep answering your question till you've got it clear what you want to know. Usually costs about £30 to £40. Have had some really excellent advice and support doing that - better than the expensive solicitor I sacked!

Off the top of my head I would say - email the court and say you are self representing and the other party's solicitor is not communicating with you. Medical reports relating to your ex were supposed to be submitted to court and Cafcass by today (or whatever day) and these have not been submitted and you are not receiving any response from the Solicitor when you have queried this.

At least then it's on file that they haven't played by the book but I'm not sure the court can do anything about it. I'm not sure if it's a breach is it? Was it ordered that she supply the medical reports? How do you know they haven't submitted them and just not told you? You could ring Cafcass maybe and ask them to chase it up.
CAFCASS officer told me that he hadn’t received them. Yes it was ordered by a judge that she would disclose her medical record to the court and CAFCASS.
(01-22-2019, 07:31 PM)Sb1353 Wrote: CAFCASS officer told me that he hadn’t received them. Yes it was ordered by a judge that she would disclose her medical record to the court and CAFCASS.

Post removed by MarkR.

Duplicate posting of the same thing is not allowed. (2 hours apart)

While you might be keen to get an opinoin on your thread, Mods are not employed by the site, and we have no set timescales to keep to. We are not event required to comment on threads, just enforce the forum rules.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Well I have complained about ex solicitor and gave her couple of days to respond. Otherwise I would report her and her firm to Solicotrs Regulation Authority. Guess what? It worked and she started communicating with me with an apology.
Good news. Print it out and file it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mother not responding to messages dad2000 12 1,346 09-13-2019, 04:09 PM
Last Post: warwickshire1