Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have Parental Responsibility?
I ask because in my experience so far dealing with solicitors and courts Parental Responsibility seems to count for nothing whatsoever. Nobody is ever going to turn around and say to my ex 'Why didn't you tell him about the referrals you made' or 'Why did you not approach your ex in regards to a school application'.

So many Father's on here struggling to see their children, and so I was wondering if there are many who do not have PR, or if as I suspect, it counts for nothing.
(01-23-2019, 11:02 AM)Sector78G Wrote: I ask because in my experience so far dealing with solicitors and courts Parental Responsibility seems to count for nothing whatsoever. Nobody is ever going to turn around and say to my ex 'Why didn't you tell him about the referrals you made' or 'Why did you not approach your ex in regards to a school application'.

So many Father's on here struggling to see their children, and so I was wondering if there are many who do not have PR, or if as I suspect, it counts for nothing.

There is template letters to use on the main site, when having issues with schools and Doctors etc.

The normal way to have PR is by being named on the Birth Certificate, but this can only be done if you was present at the time.
Without agreement, to get it later its Court Applicaiton.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(01-24-2019, 11:01 AM)Tigre Wrote: I have it but in my case it hasn't helped one bit. I call, I send letters, I get promises but nothing ever changes. If there's a disagreement I always get told to respect mums decision. It counts for absolutely nothing in my opinion. Laws need to be updated..

Inform them that its not Mums Decision. Only a Court can remove PR, and they only do this in rare cases, for example, where the child is a product of rape.

In the case of a school, complain to the Head, then Chair of Governers, then the Local Autoroity, if its their school.

In the case of Doctors, the Practice Manager first, and tell them you want to reregister the child, so your on record. You need to show you have PR to do this.
If that does not get you awaywhere, the Senior Partner, and then the Local NHS Trust Board.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
The Mothers pull the "parent with care" thing so they think they have more rights to make unilateral decisions. Technically they do over everything except education and medical matters - and even then there is not much recourse for a Dad if she makes unilateral decisions over medical and educational things - unless you go to court for a specific issues order.

Shared care is supposed to take away that imbalance of power - more psychological than anything - although my ex still behaves as if shared care doesn't exist. I have yet to find out what she has put on the secondary school application. The Council don't help - they will only deal with one parent and expect parents to talk to each other.
(01-26-2019, 12:22 AM)Charlie7000 Wrote: The Mothers pull the "parent with care" thing so they think they have more rights to make unilateral decisions.  Technically they do over everything except education and medical matters - and even then there is not much recourse for a Dad if she makes unilateral decisions over medical and educational things - unless you go to court for a specific issues order.

Shared care is supposed to take away that imbalance of power - more psychological than anything - although my ex still behaves as if shared care doesn't exist.  I have yet to find out what she has put on the secondary school application.  The Council don't help - they will only deal with one parent and expect parents to talk to each other.

I think that whiile that might be their policy, the law says otherwise.

Contact the Service Standards Department at the Council regarding this, evidancing the fact that you have PR.