Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child arrangement orders
Good morning everyone,

My name is Michal . I am foreign national living in UK for 12 years. I got divorced in November. I have got 2 children my boy is nearly 5 and my daughter nearly 3. I am about to attend First Dispute Resolution Hearing in Feb. I was recently charged with Breach of Non Molestation  and sentenced for 6 month suspended for 18 moths. There was no criminal content with the breaches just sending text messages and emails and one instance of conversation she started herself. 
I want to see my children as unsupervised contact at least once a week with possibility of overnight stay. I do not see any reasons why I should be seeing my children as supervised contact as what my ex wants. Court due to Criminal charges against me ordered that Cafcass report to be presented 
I cannot afford a solicitor, I will be representing myself. Please could you please advise regarding what should I do? Is there anyone to help me prepare to the hearing.? I know that legal aid is not available in my case even though I am on very low income. 
How should I conduct my part of the meeting. I am at the end of my tether having gone through of 5 months of courts cases being locked up etc. I am not very well mentally either because of that. I have not seen my children for last 5 months. 

Kind regrads

Michal
(01-24-2019, 12:08 PM)mucha79 Wrote: Good morning everyone,

My name is Michal . I am foreign national living in UK for 12 years. I got divorced in November. I have got 2 children my boy is nearly 5 and my daughter nearly 3. I am about to attend First Dispute Resolution Hearing in Feb. I was recently charged with Breach of Non Molestation  and sentenced for 6 month suspended for 18 moths. There was no criminal content with the breaches just sending text messages and emails and one instance of conversation she started herself. 
I want to see my children as unsupervised contact at least once a week with possibility of overnight stay. I do not see any reasons why I should be seeing my children as supervised contact as what my ex wants. Court due to Criminal charges against me ordered that Cafcass report to be presented 
I cannot afford a solicitor, I will be representing myself. Please could you please advise regarding what should I do? Is there anyone to help me prepare to the hearing.? I know that legal aid is not available in my case even though I am on very low income. 
How should I conduct my part of the meeting. I am at the end of my tether having gone through of 5 months of courts cases being locked up etc. I am not very well mentally either because of that. I have not seen my children for last 5 months. 

Kind regrads

Michal

While you can not get Legal Aid, your local CAB should be able to get you a free 30 min chat wtih a local Solicitor.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
hi Mark.
Went to CAB . I spoke to solicitors on different occasion so they will not give me another 20 minutes for free.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering amendment to Child Arrangement Order nikontog 10 5,510 01-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Child arrangement order constantly broken Sadman2016 9 8,884 08-28-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Sadman2016
  Child Arrangement Order Advice, please Noel-1972 6 7,414 11-18-2018, 09:16 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Child Arrangement Order Advice Stew2508 0 1,969 08-26-2018, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Stew2508
  Amendment to child arrangement order Dadhl 0 1,955 06-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Dadhl
  continued and wilful breach of child maintennace orders Hazy 0 1,975 02-22-2018, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Hazy
  changing a child arrangement order regarding travel pinky 1 3,362 02-19-2018, 12:06 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Child arrangement order breach jamez2018 19 22,370 01-14-2018, 08:38 PM
Last Post: jamez2018
  Child Arrangement through court- How long can it take? Dell 4 6,118 09-13-2017, 04:44 PM
Last Post: leephat
  Advice and points for a final Child Arrangement Order DadNeedingAdvice 2 4,462 08-16-2017, 05:42 PM
Last Post: MarkR