Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Hearing and Dispute Resolution hearing advice
Hi,

I posted yesterday about me facing First Hearing and Dispute Resolution Appointment in 3 weeks time. Could you please advice what to expect? what is your experience? Would I be able to arrange interim contact with my kids till final hearing-there has been no contact for last 5 months. My kids are nearly 5 and 3. 

Thanks in advance
(01-25-2019, 08:55 AM)mucha79 Wrote: Hi,

I posted yesterday about me facing First Hearing and Dispute Resolution Appointment in 3 weeks time. Could you please advice what to expect? what is your experience? Would I be able to arrange interim contact with my kids till final hearing-there has been no contact for last 5 months. My kids are nearly 5 and 3. 

Thanks in advance

No case is the same. Its very lickly the Judge will ask your ex why no contact, and that answer will depend on if you can get an Intium Order.

If she claims DV or Child Welfare/Protection issues, then the Court have a duty of care to put Cafcass in to invistigage, what might mean contact centre or no contact.

Assuming no claims by your ex are proved, then you will get at the very least every other weekend and half the school holidays if you ask for it.
If you work, 1 week at Easter and Christmas, with 2 weeks and another weekend in the summer might be better.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Hi Mark,

Apparently she wants me to see the kids but on supervised level. All the incidents when I misbehaved are from nearly a year ago, the breaches were technical. Since April last year nothing happened apart what she claims was harassment after Non Mol was in place. Cafcas are already involved. report should be ready for that hearing. I am scheduled to speak to them 29th Jan. Kids have not seen me for 5 months. Now she wants me to see them just like that because it is easier to her. more convenient. Her rationalisation is ...because I will be trying to speak ill of her when with the kids. That what she said to SS. 
the funniest thing is that We have not spoke for 5 month no contact with the kids and after all that time  her ,,fear of me putting the kids at risk of harm\has gone through the roof! Since Non Mol was in place till late August the breach was reported I had had unrestricted access to the kids. Then, she change her position to say I do not want to speak to him anymore, so what would be the best cause of action? block the kids so I would have to speak to him. I was part time DAd I we both were working Part time looking after the kids. Suddenly kids stopped seeing there dad completely because their mom saw that fit. How would that affect them?
Regarding DV, I did some some stuff but nothing was reported to the Police. She included that in Non Mol application but I did not plead guilty to that. vut long story short nothung has been proven. But I will won up to the stuff that really happened. Kids have not family apart form us in this country. What ever she does it has been personal. I believe she just wants to conceal her new relationship. I was able to speak to my kids over the messanger to certain moment but she blocked it as well as my son talks a lot about everything. My son called me uncle twice which is quite bothering and food for thoughts...they do not have any uncle here and in my country that how you would call a mum's friend. anyway. 

Thanks 

Michal

(01-25-2019, 09:42 AM)MarkR Wrote:
(01-25-2019, 08:55 AM)mucha79 Wrote: Hi,

Thanks in advance

No case is the same. Its very lickly the Judge will ask your ex why no contact, and that answer will depend on if you can get an Intium Order.

If she claims DV or Child Welfare/Protection issues, then the Court have a duty of care to put Cafcass in to invistigage, what might mean contact centre or no contact.

Assuming no claims by your ex are proved, then you will get at the very least every other weekend and half the school holidays if you ask for it.
If you work, 1 week at Easter and Christmas, with 2 weeks and another weekend in the summer might be better.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mum breaking CAO prior to Dispute Resolution Hearing Sadman2016 0 409 08-30-2021, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Sadman2016
  Finding a Fact Hearing Sb1353 79 31,579 11-19-2020, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Final Hearing scotay 5 3,781 06-30-2020, 06:41 PM
  Remote court hearing Sb1353 3 3,482 04-24-2020, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Chi21965
  Changing the date of a final hearing.? Londoniandad 11 9,666 10-25-2019, 07:28 PM
  Second directions hearing ? SeanS 1 2,087 09-10-2019, 01:07 PM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Variation Hearing Leader1978 2 2,879 08-31-2019, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Leader1978
  Court hearing date changed Sb1353 8 6,840 07-30-2019, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Sb1353
  Fact finding hearing Sb1353 8 7,871 07-18-2019, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Sb1353
  Final Hearing opinions and advice! Akarou 5 5,177 07-16-2019, 01:27 PM