Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New partner moving into FMH
Hi, the facts:
separated 4 months. 
1 x child, see him 2-3 days/week.
I moved into a rented flat.
Mum and son live in the FMH.
I pay half the mortgage plus child maintenance.
Wife has met someone new, he is moving in and will only pay towards her bills and food!

Where do i stand? -i've suggested he should pay my share of the mortgage by way of rent. Does this change in her circumstances have an affect on how much maintenance i should pay?
Doesn't affect the maintenance - though you should only be paying the CMS calculated amount.

The mortgage is a financial agreement between you and your partner and the bank so it's still up to you to keep paying.
The solution is either sale of the house or for her to buy you out but from her point of view why would she do it when you've left but are still paying half. She's got the best of both worlds.
(01-28-2019, 11:37 AM)Miguel4747 Wrote: Hi, the facts:
separated 4 months. 
Wife has met someone new, he is moving in and will only pay towards her bills and food!

Where do i stand? -i've suggested he should pay my share of the mortgage by way of rent. Does this change in her circumstances have an affect on how much maintenance i should pay?

This is one for a Solicitor to check for you, but I would look at a Non Mol for Financial Abuse. You should be getting at least 25% of what it costs to rent a room in your local area.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Sounds like you need to get financial matters settled by way of a court/consent order so you're not paying mortgage. Her new partner living with her would certainly affect any idea she had of claiming spousal maintenance from you.
I'm in the same boat. Paying some of the mortgage and existing debts that totals higher than the value of CM

Im now moving back into the property to get closure with my four children in the property and the boyfriend stays there now and then although not there to see as renting a room.

Not sure who has to pay what if I move back in, CM? mortgage? Household bills? She is currently claiming all the benefits under the sun.
separated 4 months. 

moving in after 4 months separation?
separated 4 months. 

Miguel4747, it's moved pretty fast after only 4 months to living together.  Are you sure it's new and nothing was going on beforehand?
(04-01-2019, 07:42 AM)SteveyA Wrote:
separated 4 months. 

Miguel4747, it's moved pretty fast after only 4 months to living together.  Are you sure it's new and nothing was going on beforehand?

True, it may well have been, but really, is it worth bothering about? Might be useful contextual information but dwelling on it will lead to hurt, a useful reminder to all those married folk out there to never take fidelity for granted...
Hi Miguel,

Things have certainly moved quickly in 4 months.... Sad 

As regards the mortgage, if your name is on it then I don't think there's much you can do to make him pay anything towards it. It's a dick move by your ex but that's what ex partners tend to do... I've a funny feeling the same applies to the maintenance payments, I don't think they'll change just because she's moved someone in. There are quite specific things that mean you can stop paying maintenance and I'm fairly sure that's not one of them.
(04-01-2019, 03:36 PM)Mr Sandman Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 07:42 AM)SteveyA Wrote:
separated 4 months. 

True, it may well have been, but really, is it worth bothering about? Might be useful contextual information but dwelling on it will lead to hurt, a useful reminder to all those married folk out there to never take fidelity for granted...

I shouldn't have posted that so apologies.  I agree it is irrelevant and doesn't impact on anything.  

Move on mate. 

My ex's partner has been seen at my house several times over the last couple of weeks and it's annoying as I am paying full maintenance and the mortgage.  That will change from end of April and will just pay maintenance going forward at £850 a month.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex moving in with new partner with my kids outlook 4 2,996 11-07-2018, 01:47 PM
Last Post: watsa64
  Moving in with new partner Akarou 4 2,383 08-13-2018, 09:01 PM
Last Post: invisibleintellectual
  Ex is being challenging about my partner moving in singledad83 4 2,718 05-25-2018, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Tom_W88
  Moving in with partner Proud dad 5 5,704 11-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Last Post: MarkR