Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Query pls?
Urgent query pls? If myself and my STBX agrees on child arrangement in principle, do we still need to go through mediation? Or can I just apply for a consent order to make it legally binding? Also can someone point me in the right direction in doing this like what is the first step, I'm thinking we need a parenting plan to get the ball rolling. It's quite urgent for me to get this arrangement done and stamped by the court as I am in the process of moving out of our fmh. Thanks in advance folks!
(02-02-2019, 06:07 PM)yuri1003 Wrote: Urgent query pls? If myself and my STBX agrees on child arrangement in principle, do we still need to go through mediation? Or can I just apply for a consent order to make it legally binding? Also can someone point me in the right direction in doing this like what is the first step, I'm thinking we need a parenting plan to get the ball rolling. It's quite urgent for me to get this arrangement done and stamped by the court as I am in the process of moving out of our fmh.  Thanks in advance folks!

No Mediation is needed to apply for a consent order. However, you could still use them, and use the Mediation Agreement for the Consent Order, so save having to draft one yourself.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Thanks Mark