Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is she restricting my time with the kids
Morning all.

Just becoming abit wary of this now and looking for some advice.

My jobless, benefit scrounger of an ex recently passed her driving test and since getting her car she has been very keen to drive the kids around.

Now i have no issue with this, in fact at times its a god send and makes it easier for me (i dont drive.. yet)

Now in recent weeks, the following has happened:-

·        she has turned up outside my house without really giving me the heads up she was on her way.
·        Told me that she was near my house whilst I wasn’t at home.
·        Arrives two hours late to pick the kids, thus kids are cold and wet as we’ve had to walk to make it easier for her & made me late for my own plans
·        Unbeknown to me she has waited outside in the car with her sister whilst I had taken my children for a sit-down meal, and then cut it short as she had plans. (was 8 pm)
·        This weekend, been waiting outside a cinema I had taken the kids to, now she only knew the time I was going to the cinema.  Not which cinema I went to, what film we went to see and when this finished nothing.  I had been getting missed calls from her for like 30 mins towards the end of the film which was really annoying me to the stage I had to text and put my phone on do not disturb.  The kids got upset as I couldn’t take them into the arcade bit later, thankfully she let them, but then again she cut the time short and pulled up outside as she had ‘plans’ (basically went to her mums as she always does)

Can anyone help me with what I can do? Its getting very annoying and frustrating with this.
If you are meant to have them until a certain time you dont need to disclose what you are doing and if she rings more than once turn your mobile phone off until 15 mins before they are due back to mum
(02-11-2019, 11:35 AM)warwickshire1 Wrote: If you are meant to have them until a certain time you dont need to disclose what you are doing and if she rings more than once turn your mobile phone off until 15 mins before they are due back to mum

hi yeah we dont have a certain time to bring them back.  I have always usually had them until late on at weekends 7.30/8ish due to public transport.
Maybe you should arrange set times with your ex partner and days that may help with whats going on at moment
You mean she's kind of stalking you? Waiting to pick the kids up? Sounds like you need to put in writing that the kids will be available to be collected from your home, at the usual time, unless you contact her to discuss an alternative location.
(02-11-2019, 12:11 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: Maybe you should arrange set times with your ex partner and days that may help with whats going on at moment

true. think this needs to be the case

(02-11-2019, 12:29 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: You mean she's kind of stalking you?   Waiting to pick the kids up?   Sounds like you need to put in writing that the kids will be available to be collected from your home, at the usual time, unless you contact her to discuss an alternative location.

pretty much this, although i dont want her coming anywhere near my home in the future.  

Its my little area that i know is free from her.