Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pettition ON Goverment Website
For the benefit of people who do not know, I got with my ex in 2006, who already had 1 child.
We had 2 together before seperating in 2013 and I went back to my mums.

In 2017 at 1 hours notice I had to take residance of the children.
This resulted in my mums being overcroweded by 2 bedrooms, so I made an applicaiton to my Local Council.

This discharged their legal obligation by reffering me to a Housing Assiciation.
The rent is Local Housing Allowance, what for my area is £191.25 for 3 bedrooms.
However, the Housing Trust (what used to be Council) charge about £100.

I am Self Employed building up a busienss arround school hours and what childcare I have. I was fine on Working Tax Credit, as they done an audit and was happy I was engaged in my business, so except from Benefit Cap.

On the 8th Jan I was forced to move to Universal Credit. Under their rules, I am "gainfully employed". The issue is I do not make National Min Wage x 16 due to my advertising costs, so they have applied the Benefit Cap to my claim.

The system is so unfair, that if I was renting from a Council I would be £90 a month better off.

I have put a Pettition on the Goverment Website, but I need 5 people to support it before it can go live.

NEW LINK WILL BE POSTED SOON AS IT GOES LIVE ON THE WEBSITE
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I have done it.
Signed Smile

Universal Credit is awful!

There is a legal case with a ruling due on the minimum income floor I believe.
(02-13-2019, 05:48 PM)Hazy Wrote: Signed Smile

Universal Credit is awful!

There is a legal case with a ruling due on the minimum income floor I believe.

Where the issue is, under Tax Credits Single Parents had to work 16 hours per week.
On UC, if your child is over 3 and under 12, its 25 hours.  Once a child is 12, its 35 hours.

They give you a year if your Self Employed to build up to this, with 3 monthly reviews, but apply the Benefit Cap if you do not earn enough.
On Tax Credits, I was audited and they accepted I work over 16 hours, in fact it was 30 most weeks.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I thought it was 16 hrs from age 3 -5 then ‘school hours from 5 -13 (25 hrs) and 35 from 13 onwards.

If you have children with different ages it goes on the youngest child.

So if you have to work either 16,25 or 35 hrs depending on age. The minimum income floor rules that you have to earn 16, 25 or 35 times minimum wage if self employed.
(02-15-2019, 01:34 PM)Hazy Wrote: I thought it was 16 hrs from age 3 -5 then ‘school hours from 5 -13   (25 hrs) and 35 from 13 onwards.

If you have children with different ages it goes on the youngest child.

So if you have to work either 16,25 or 35 hrs depending on age. The minimum income floor rules that you have to earn 16, 25 or 35 times minimum wage if self employed.

No, its a straight up to 25 hours from 3 now, either working if if required to look for work, a job search for 25 hours a week.
From gov.uk

Age  of your youngest child

Your responsibilitiesUnder 1

You don’t need to look for work in order to receive Universal Credit.
Age 1

If you are not already working, you don’t need to look for work in order to receive Universal Credit. You will be asked to attend work focused interviews with your work coach to discuss plans for a future move into work and will need to report any changes of circumstances.
Age 2

You will be expected to take active steps to prepare for work. This will involve having regular work focused interviews with your work coach, agreeing a programme of activities tailored to your individual circumstances which might include some training and work preparation activities (for example, writing your CV).
Age 3 or 4

You will be expected to work a maximum of 16 hours a week (or spend 16 hours a week looking for work) this might include some training and work-focused interviews.
Age between 5 and 12

You will be expected to work a maximum of 25 hours a week (or spend 25 hours a week looking for work) this might include some training and work-focused interviews.
Age 13 and above

You will be expected to work a maximum of 35 hours a week (or spend 35 hours a week looking for work) this might include some training and work-focused interviews. You should let your work coach know as soon as you accept a job offer, as you can claim support for your childcare costs for at least a month before you start work.
Mark

This should interest you. https://www.leighday.co.uk/News/2019/Mar...f-universa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Petition Back On Government Website MarkR 2 2,007 10-25-2017, 06:15 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  New Petition On Government Website MarkR 11 5,606 04-25-2017, 05:24 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Child Support Petition on Goverment Website MarkR 28 20,162 08-30-2016, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Bobbi