Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Completing C100 form
Great guide how to fill in C100.

See link below:
Excellent. This one is also good - shows the form with everything filled in as an example (although summary is minimal).

Just be aware though that since both those samples were done, the C100 form has changed slightly - last year I think.
Quick guide that I found on netmums. Moderators please delete it if information below is not correct.

The next stage of the process, as mediation has broken down is court: The procedure is as follows:

(1) Your ex partner will fill in a C100 application and send this together with a form FM1 (why mediation has broken down) and court fee of £200 (unless he is exempt) to the Family Proceedings court. I assume his application will be for a defined contact order under S8 Children Act 1989.

(2)You will get a copy of the application together with a court hearing which will be about 6 weeks from the date of his application. By the time you get the date of hearing you should have the minimum of 21 days notice of hearing (this is a legal requirement). This should give you the time to sort out a Solicitor if you want to be represented. Whether you get public funding will depend on your income. If you choose not to b represented or you can’t afford the costs, don’t worry. The court is under a legal duty to make sure a litigant in person has a fair hearing and not in any way disadvantaged because they are not represented by Solicitor. All the laws and procedure will be explained to you when you get to court. Nothing to be stressed about, a lot of people now go to court and act in person because they can’t afford public funding.

(3) When the court receive your ex partners application (at 1 above) they will send it, within 48 hours of receipt to Cafcass (Children and Family Court Advisory Services). Cafcass duty is to make sure that all ‘safe guarding checks’ (police and Social services) have been done in time for the first hearing at (2) above. Safeguarding checks are to ascertain whether either you or your ex-partner have any police record and whether they have been in Social Service involvement concerning your child. You will be given a copy of the ‘safeguarding letter’ when you get to court.

(4) At the first hearing the court expects progress to be made as adjourning the matter to another date is not considered in the child’s best interest as this causes delay in the proceedings. However if you have a good reason and you invite the court to put the matter of to anther date they will consider your application on its merits.

(5) They will also be in court at the first hearing representatives from Cafcass and Mediation. Matter may be put back on the day for conciliation by Cafcass or further intervention by mediation to see if an agreement can be reached.

(6) If an agreement is reached and a contact order is necessary in the child best interests, the court generally make the order in the terms the parties have agreed on the basis that it is the duty of the court not to intervene when parties themselves have come to an agreement.

(7) If an agreement cannot be reached then the case will be put of to another date for hearing. The court will give directions as to filing of statements. You will need to file those outlining what proposals you consider in the child’s best interests and your ex will have to do the same.

(8) If either of you have raised issues which impact on the welfare of your child, such as concerns over, e.g., parenting capacity, suitability of home environment, risk factors such as alcohol, drugs, anger management, then the court are likely to get Cafcass to prepare a report. This can take up to 16 week.

(9) You will both be expected to file statements in time for the hearing ordered by the court at (8) above and reports will also be filed. As it is your partner’s application, he will give his evidence first and you will be able to question him on it. You will then give your evidence and he will (or his solicitor) will question you on it. The court may also ask either of you questions to clarify issues.

(10) Once all the evidence has been heard you will both be given the opportunity to address the court before the court makes it final decision.

(11) The final decision by the court will be based on what is in the child’s best interests. The court will infact treat the welfare of your child as their paramount concern and take into account factors outlined in the welfare checklist at section 1(3) Children Act 1989.

(12) You will be given written reasons for the court’s decision at (11) above together with a copy of the court order made. If not given on the day, will be posted to you within 72 hours.

(13) The contact order made will define the contact arrangements and you both have got to comply with the order. You can vary it by agreement but if you can’t agree to the variation or one party does not comply with the order then you may find yourselves back in court again.

(14)Whether you win or loose the case, you will not be ordered to pay any costs so please don’t worry about this. Costs generally are not awarded against parties in Family Proceedings Court.
Would just add a few slight amendments to that:

1) The court fee is now £215
2) The Cafcass letter should be sent to you BEFORE the first hearing - but sometimes it's only a couple of days before.
3) Points 4, 5 and 6 - depends what the Cafcass letter has said - if the letter has recommended a Section 7 then that is probably what will happen at first hearing - Cafcass will recommend that a Section 7 report is done and nothing else will happen until that is done. If the Cafcass letter doesn't recommend a Section 7 then there are expected to be "negotiations" to try and get both parties to agree and reach a consent order. In reality this is unlikely unless both parties have Solicitors to thrash out negotiations - and even then, Cafcass tends to run the show at first hearing and Solicitors don't always get to have much input. Cafcass may try to broker an agreement (ie try and force one person to give in!). Would not advise reaching a consent order at first hearing unless you have a solicitor to word the order and get it written up properly on the day. Yes sometimes mediation is ordered at first hearing - to try and get both parties to reach agreement to be put into a consent order - or "narrow the issues" - but a date for a final hearing should still be issued. And then they say - if you reach a consent order via mediation, then cancel the final hearing date. However, any agreement reached at mediation isn't binding and the only way to have a consent order drawn up is if both parties have a solicitor - to approve it and send it to court for sealing.
4) Re point 11 - the court will almost always make an order for what Cafcass has recommended.
5) Re point 12. Hmm!!!! It can be weeks or even months before receiving an order in the post. If a "consent" order is agreed at final hearing - important to try and get it sealed on the day. Always try and take a draft order to court with you - which can be amended to what has actually been ordered, on the day, and try and get it sealed on the day. Ex's tend to breach after a final hearing - because any order made, is NOT ENFORCEABLE until it has been sealed by the court - so if you don't receive the order for 3 months you can't enforce it when it's breached.

Another point - about point 2. When the respondent (the ex) receives the application and court date - there is more than mentioned above. They can "respond" to the application on a form they are sent, and can also decide to submit a C1A at this point as well, as this form is in the pack they receive.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)