Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EXTRA ACCESS APPARENTLY BREAKING COURT ORDER?
Hi there. I'm asking on behalf of my friend as he has been told something that seems a little unusual.
After jumping through hoops my friend finally got a court order to see his little boy. However, the mother of the boy, since splitting up from her partner is letting my friend see his son for extra times, outside of the agreed contact order. She has now said that her solicitor has said this breaches the contact order and he is only allowed to see him within the times agreed and stop all excess contact. This seems ridiculous, but not so much so that it couldn't be true?
Does anybody have any knowledge on this particular situation.
Thanks in advance Smile
(09-27-2016, 10:27 AM)ootracieoo Wrote: Hi there. I'm asking on behalf of my friend as he has been told something that seems a little unusual.
After jumping through hoops my friend finally got a court order to see his little boy. However, the mother of the boy, since splitting up from her partner is letting my friend see his son for extra times, outside of the agreed contact order. She has now said that her solicitor has said this breaches the contact order and he is only allowed to see him within the times agreed and stop all excess contact. This seems ridiculous, but not so much so that it couldn't be true?
Does anybody have any knowledge on this particular situation.
Thanks in advance Smile

There is a clause normally in court orders (and it is in mine, April 2015).

It outlines who the child lives with, and then time spent with the other parent.

At the end of it is says something like "and at any other time as agreed between both parents".

Enforcement can only take place where set days/times do not happen, or they for example do not get half school holidays.

If your friend is wanting to increase contact he can apply to Vary the order. He would have to state in his application that he was having the child for additional time following his ex partner ending a relationship with a 3rd party, and that her only reason for stopping it is her claim that it "Breaches the contact order".

He would therefore like to have the order updated, to include this time.

The other way to deal with this, is if his ex is in agreement, is for you to change the current order into a Consent Order, adding the clause I have on my order.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mum breaking CAO prior to Dispute Resolution Hearing Sadman2016 0 409 08-30-2021, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Sadman2016
  advice - extra curricular overload proud_dad 8 7,523 06-22-2019, 09:04 AM
Last Post: proud_dad
  At breaking point now Larri002 9 10,017 11-13-2018, 10:33 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Breaking my court order - children being smacked. scottybuk 14 13,555 09-21-2018, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Tamagoto
  Ex breaking contact order Akarou 11 10,417 08-13-2018, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Akarou
Sad Court order in place, but now denied access to my daughter parmsg 16 16,914 07-09-2018, 12:37 AM
Last Post: parmsg
  Access under a court order. Blue eye's 3 4,175 06-23-2018, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Blue eye's
  extra time allowance Blackheath 1 2,764 04-17-2018, 01:01 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  email refresh button breaking Naive 0 1,769 03-29-2018, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Naive
  CAFCASS Report example [apparently real] Naive 5 7,001 01-19-2018, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000