Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a acceptable re holidays.
What is the standard during the summer.
Would the pattern be 2x2x1x1 be the most appropriate?
Would a period of 3week each be considered a little too much? Just some views would be much appreciated.
I believe the standard would be week on, week off and anything outside of that would be by agreement. I base this on my recent court order, someone else who has been through the holiday process would be able to give more information.
(04-05-2019, 02:42 PM)asd1270 Wrote: What is the standard during the summer.
Would the pattern be 2x2x1x1 be the most appropriate?
Would a period of 3week each be considered a little too much? Just some views would be much appreciated.

Courts normally have 2 seperate contact rotas.

Term Time, the normal is Friday till Sunday every other week as a starting point, but you can sometimes get more.

School Holidays, regardless of who the child lives with, the other parent would get up to half if they asked for it. However, that would be 6.5 weeks a year.

4 week plan                         Half Holiday Plan
Half term (1 week)   Contact over normal weekend. Contact over normal weekend, with 2.5 days tagged onto it, so contact starts or ends on the Lunchtime Wed.
Easter                     1 week or 2 x 4 days. Significante dates need to be shared or turns each.
Christmas.               As Easter
Summer                 2 week block and 1 other weekend (ex also has 2 week block).  2 week block, and 1 more week.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Holidays have changed now. Easter is 3 weeks and summer only 5 weeks I believe
(04-05-2019, 05:42 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: Holidays have changed now. Easter is 3 weeks and summer only 5 weeks I believe

In Buckinghamshire Easter has been extended, but only by a few days. They are off from today until the 24th, but that is due to a teacher training day on the 23rd.

13 weeks a year school holidays is not enough for them to fit their 5 days training per year into it would seam.

Summer is still 6 in Bucks, again due to Insert Days.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
For summer I was advised a two week and a one week block each. So I have weeks 3,4 and 6. There was supposed to be a start date for the weeks but that got missed - so everyone knows whose weeks are whose. There are usually a few extra days in the summer so I was advised start date is best as the first Monday after term ends - so it's basically six weeks and maybe just one extra day at the end. This year in my area summer holidays are actually 7 weeks!

For Easter I also have "half" but have it worded as "first half" or "second half" to make sure it's a consecutive half. I wanted that because Easter and Christmas are always more than two weeks and it avoids arguing over the extra few days. So Easter is 18 nights here - so I get 9 nights and then she gets 9 nights. But that was because I asked for that wording on a draft order.

I think with summer it's tricky. Regardless of when the start day is, you can never fit in a full two week holiday due to needing time for travelling. eg if your start day was Friday you could go on holiday on saturday but have to be back for a friday rather than a saturday in 2 weeks time. If your start day was saturday it isn't time to get your flight the same day or whatever.

Not a problem for me as I can't afford 2 week holidays lol. So I book a full week in my two week block and a few days in my one week block.

So with a start day of monday you get monday to monday for two weeks with a full sat to sat in the middle or time for a 10 day holiday. And the last week-end of term is a normal week-end. I don't bother to argue about the couple of days at the end.

I think 3 weeks each would only be if you both agreed because 3 weeks is a long time to be away from the other parent - especially if things aren't that amicable and phone contact is difficult (or zilch in my case).
Thank you all.
Yes I do think 3 weeks is personally a long time away from the other parent, Factors do play a part such as when things are not amicable.

Would you consider when parent is demanding and threatening to have the 3 weeks acceptable especially when not a resident parent and warrants for some prohibited steps or specific order to prevent such where they book 3 weeks abroad without agreement to a country that does not hold jurisdiction.

Another question would the threats warrant harassment ,intimidation etc .just want to clarify some doubts.
Family courts wouldn't grant a father to have children 3 weeks away from their mum unless she agreed
I would say it is unreasonable to demand 3 weeks. I agreed to 2.5 weeks once, because it was a particularly special holiday and a booking for a cruise. But otherwise 2 weeks and a separate week would be reasonable. The difficulty is I am not sure it would be enough to get a specific issues order over. It depends on the circumstances. Do you have shared care still? I know you had some issues with your order.

I would put somethng polite in writing to her (that could be used as evidence) along the lines of you do not agree to a 3 week period over the summer as you feel it is too long to be away from the other parent. However you are happy to be flexible over which weeks, on the basis of a two week and a one week block each.

Then if she won't accept it, it would be fair enough to apply for a specific issues order, using your emai as evidence. She would have to argue why she needs 3 weeks and if she doesn't have a 3 week holiday booked then there is no real reason. If she happens to have parents who live in Australia or something they might agree with her, but I doubt it.
The residency is with me yes. I was successful with my appeal on the grounds (micky mouse court failed to follow all procedures in re DV,

Agree with a polite response of not agreeing to 3 weeks but being flexible on etc.
I was even kind enough to give several time tables and to choose either so it was fair. I have to be considerate to my own employment. I can not just take 3 weeks of just cos she is demanding it.

Thanks for your inputs

Kindly

P

Plus we have double standards.