Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-divorce newbie, advice sought
Hi there everyone, 

I am quite new to this forum so please bear with me.  My wife is from outside the EU and has lived in the UK on a spouse visa, we have 2 kids 3 and  7. She wants a divorce.

Our financial situation is quite tough. I have been launching a new business for the past 9 months and have v little money, borrowing from family.  Wife works but its commission based and she's struggling too / also gets help from her family.

She's making false allegations against me and talking about taking the kids with her.  We rent our home (both names on lease).  

The thing is I do almost 99% of the care for our kids from the morning to the night. I cook, bath, wash them and i pay for everything with no help from her.  In fact, she struggles to look after our kids on her own - despite that is suggesting that they live with her, I pay support and see them 50% of the time.

What kind of position am I in?  I would go for sole custody if I could, have her move out of the family home and rent a room nearby (no funds for anything else).  I would encourage her totally to see our kids of course, I have no issue there although we have been quite acrimonious and she especially enjoys arguing in front of our children.

I have video-ed her bad behaviour in arguments and screen shot messages sent to her complaining about her abusive behaviour to me/our kids (ie when she is arguing and discussing inappropriate things in front of the kids).

Lastly, our eldest child (7) is extremely close to me and would never agree to "not live with me".

Any advice as to things I should be doing / preparing for at this point?  My wife is definitely preparing to divorce me (we've only been married since 2014 - had the 1st kid before that).

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks so much.
There is never a good position to be in when you are the father.
Lock the doors, report the abuse, and let her make the application for CAO.

The issue is how and when she will turn in to someone your never seen. A mutant biological change.
Dont waot to be a

There is never a good position to be in when you are the father.

Hope is all goes amicably as you say.
Though experiences I've seen the grass is not greener on the other side.
Lock the doors, report the abuse, and let her make the application for CAO.

The issue is how and when she will turn in to someone your never known . A mutant biological change.
Dont wait to be finger pointed for DV.
Get in contact with professionals and start sharing your experiences.