Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contact Centre Visit
Hi all,
I went to see my children at contact centre this Saturday. I have been going there for the last 6 months because of court system and ex playing delay tactics and usual allegations. However, I took my sister to see my children she had never met before. Lady at contact asked me if I had permission to take her in which I said court order doesn’t specify that. She said she had to ask other party if they are happy for my sister to see the children. As usual grandparents brought the children to the contact centre and they didn’t agree with it. I was really angry as grandparents has no right to decide who can see my children . I complain to contact centre manager and she said this is how we work here.
It told 5 minutes for my sister to leave contact centre before children were allowed in. At the end I had lost 5 minutes of my time and was told it was my fault to bring sister in. Surely according to interim order I have 2 hours with my children and contact centre can not reduce my time? I am not going to make a big deal of it but I’d welcome your thoughts
You need to get on with contact centre best you can. Courts may be getting reports from them. You need them to be positive. Yes it is frustrating other family members are u able to see your children. Just got to think of the end goal and I think contact centre can end a session whenever they want
Sb1353, I'm in the same situation as you so I can take a bit of liberty with you to say, I'd have contacted contact center before hand about plans of bringing sister in, and had it pre-arranged to be honest. At least you would have taken No from child's mother than those in-compassionate grannies. Contact center hands are tied in this situation I agree.
(04-22-2019, 09:26 PM)Sb1353 Wrote: Hi all,
I went to see my children at contact centre this Saturday. I have been going there for the last 6 months because of court system and ex playing delay tactics and usual allegations. However, I took my sister to see my children she had never met before. Lady at contact asked me if I had permission to take her in which I said court order doesn’t specify that. She said she had to ask other party if they are happy for my sister to see the children. As usual grandparents brought the children to the contact centre and they didn’t agree with it. I was really angry as grandparents has no right to decide who can see my children . I complain to contact centre manager and she said this is how we work here.
It told 5 minutes for my sister to leave contact centre before children were allowed in. At the end I had lost 5 minutes of my time and was told it was my fault to bring sister in. Surely according to interim order I have 2 hours with my children and contact centre can not reduce my time? I am not going to make a big deal of it but I’d welcome your thoughts

Contact the Court for a ruling on this, but my take on it, is as a person with PR, you outrank your ex on how comes into contact with the child in your time. Her only option to stop it, is by obtaining a PSO.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Thanks guys. I though contact centre were there to facilitate the contact so they shouldn’t be able to end a contact sooner. A parent with parental responsibility should outrank grandparents. There is an interim court order saying the I spend time with my children 2 hours a week in contact centre because mother made false allegations.
I am trying to stay positive and one day I get to bring my children home and introduce them to my family. Their mother is too ill to look after herself never mind the children
Update
I had a phone call from CAFCASS officer today saying that he had received 2 different email from children mother making more allegations while I see my children in contact centre. Allegations are from not feeding the children or feeding them rubbish that make them sick and more serious one that I kiss my children inappropriately in their neck. That really made me feel sick. I told the officer straight away that my ex was absent for 4 weeks( she was in hospital) now she has returned she is doing her best to stop contact.

She also said that she had spoken to contact centre manager and she said that I was manipulative with children and not changing their nappy etc. I am going to speak with the manager to see if she had mad remarks or it’s something els she is making up.

Any thoughts?
Hi Sb1353, make sure both cafcass and contact center is on your side as you know already both wield a lot of power when it came to children arrangement.

It sounds like Ex is rolling her last dice in reference to inappropriate comment, but trust me I had something similar too but judge wasn't interested least bit. Judges have a way of getting measure of the parents. Only thing I would say is if the reason for Ex alleging is session reports then speak to the co-ordinator and get that corrected.
"now she has returned she is doing her best to stop contact" - this will be her aim between now and when a CAO is made. Don't rise to any of it and avoid picking it up directly with her. By all means speak to the contact centre but keep them on side, they maybe asked to provide progress reports by the courts.
Dont rise to it. If u had done any of above contact centre have the rights to stop visit on spot. My guess is she wants you to kick off with contact centre and lose plot and give up and walk away. Ignore and go to your next contact as if nothing has ever happened. A contact centre also wouldn't be discussing anything with your ex. And if it's at supervised centre it's normal to have snacks and treats. Seems like kids had great time and she's very jealous
Thanks guys for your advice. Today contact went well and I did not raise anything to contact centre manager. I felt she was watching me how I handle my children. My older son cut his finger and I put a
Plaster on it. When his mum came to collect him she wanted to know what has happened. I am sure more allegations to follow.