Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Report
Anyone experienced this one:

I discovered this week that my son was assessed last August by CAMHS. This assessment was not sent to me neither has it been presented in any previous children's hearings.

I spoke to CAMHS to ask for a copy and was told that I couldn't due to court order. I am not aware of any such order. I checked with CAFCASS and their solicitors and they are not aware of any order.

I'm waiting for a manager to call back. I am on the birth certificate and have PR. So I am allowed to see this document.

" I am not aware of any order preventing you from having this and as you state you have PR, which would allow you information pertaining to his health. " - CAFCAS Officer
as some freaky coincidence I saw some horrible news report about CAMHS on the sky news. Hope you take control of your son's record and the care.

My GP simply asked for evidence of PR when I submitted request of 'subject access'. No questions were asked after that, they simply created the report for me.
(05-15-2019, 05:09 PM)MarkyB Wrote: Anyone experienced this one:

I discovered this week that my son was assessed last August by CAMHS. This assessment was not sent to me neither has it been presented in any previous children's hearings.

I spoke to CAMHS to ask for a copy and was told that I couldn't due to court order. I am not aware of any such order. I checked with CAFCASS and their solicitors and they are not aware of any order.

I'm waiting for a manager to call back. I am on the birth certificate and have PR. So I am allowed to see this document.

" I am not aware of any order preventing you from having this and as you state you have PR, which would allow you information pertaining to his health. " - CAFCAS Officer

See http://www.separateddads.co.uk/letter-te...ities.html
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
CAMHS are adamant that there is an order and will not give me any details. I have given them CAFCASS's view and they support that I should have access to the assessment!!
(05-17-2019, 02:34 PM)MarkyB Wrote: CAMHS are adamant that there is an order and will not give me any details. I have given them CAFCASS's view and they support that I should have access to the assessment!!

Send a letter as per the template link i posted. They need to give you the information, or you can report it to the Inforamtion Comisioners office.

If they put in writing an order exists, then contact your Local County Court.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I have and they are still arguing with it!!