Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I haven't been around here for a while...
... Basically because everything has been going great. 

I'm not posting this to show off though, more to tell other dads out there that there really is hope, things really do change. Without going too far into the background, the usual, accusations of everything, wife had an affair, lots of time in court, incredible expense, non-mol order between us for a year, ex wife had a baby. Oh and cost me £100K.

But - last week I had coffee during the day with my ex to talk about the kids, we discussed things amicably and with a smile, came away with actions and agreements and everything is ticking over nicely. It's only been 26 months, from the beginning. I was suicidal, I've been on ADs and Valium. I was arrested.

My kids are happy, I'm happy, I don't feel like the world has ended. I'm getting laid. Loads! I wish it hadn't cost so much, hurt so much or left me so very different, but all in all, I'm ok.

You're going to be ok.

We're all going to be ok.

Big dad love to all of you
good to hear that Tamagoto, life finds a way to auto-correct i guess, but key is to be patient and wait for it. It is a timely reminder as I'm going to sweat it out the finance settlement just now. I will keep the smile on Smile
(05-28-2019, 01:55 PM)Tamagoto Wrote: ... Basically because everything has been going great. 

I'm not posting this to show off though, more to tell other dads out there that there really is hope, things really do change. Without going too far into the background, the usual, accusations of everything, wife had an affair, lots of time in court, incredible expense, non-mol order between us for a year, ex wife had a baby. Oh and cost me £100K.

But - last week I had coffee during the day with my ex to talk about the kids, we discussed things amicably and with a smile, came away with actions and agreements and everything is ticking over nicely. It's only been 26 months, from the beginning. I was suicidal, I've been on ADs and Valium. I was arrested.

My kids are happy, I'm happy, I don't feel like the world has ended. I'm getting laid. Loads! I wish it hadn't cost so much, hurt so much or left me so very different, but all in all, I'm ok.

You're going to be ok.

We're all going to be ok.

Big dad love to all of you

Nice one Tamagoto.  Great to hear all is sorted mate and very pleased for you. 

Patience is definitely something I am running out but staying the course and will not be screwed by someone leaving me for my mate and then wanting everything!!!

Keep well and smiling  Smile
Well at least it sounds like your ex isn't mental then! Wish mine would put son's interests first instead of stressing him out.
Maybe just not as mental any more - seems a year forced apart and a baby has sorted her out. We disagree on some things, but not strongly. The kids will be ok and so will because of it!