Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New partner
Hi all,

I have been dating this lovely woman for few months now and we are really getting on well. She is single mum and really a kind woman with 2 teenage children. They are lovely and I have been introduced to them and they fully respect me and vice versa. She has been in a similar situation as she used to live in another country and did not see her children for 4 years due to lay of that particular country.
I tried to be reasonable with my ex and put myself in danger by going to her parents to give it another go but had no luck previously. I am in advantage of living in family home as she left and lives in her parents over 10 months ago. I now would like to move on with my life and has asked my new partner to move in with me.
My questions are:
Can my ex partner cause problem with me in terms of children contact? I still see the children in contact centre due to false allegations
Can she move back in after this period of time ? We have joint mortgage on the house but she hasn’t contributed over a year to the mortgage.

I really want to move on with my life and I think I found a nice lady who is beautiful inside and out.
(06-07-2019, 06:15 PM)Sb1353 Wrote: Hi all,

I have been dating this lovely woman for few months now and we are really getting on well. She is single mum and really a kind woman with 2 teenage children. They are lovely and I have been introduced to them and they fully respect me and vice versa. She has been in a similar situation as she used to live in another country and did not see her children for 4 years due to lay of that particular country.
I tried to be reasonable with my ex and put myself in danger by going to her parents to give it another go but had no luck previously. I am in advantage of living in family home as she left and lives in her parents over 10 months ago. I now would like to move on with my life and has asked my new partner to move in with me.
My questions are:
Can my ex partner cause problem with me in terms of children contact? I still see the children in contact centre due to false allegations
Can she move back in after this period of time ? We have joint mortgage on the house but she hasn’t contributed over a year to the mortgage.

I really want to move on with my life and I think I found a nice lady who is beautiful inside and out.

Are you still in proceedings for the contact?

Regarding the home, after being away 28 days she has the same rights as a landlord, to inspect and carry out repairs by appointment.
Any belongings she has must be passed to her at the door.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Hi Mark. Yes we are still going through the process.
I have packed her belongings but they dont come and collect them. It's been there for over 6 months now. I may hire a man with a van and to get rid of them.
(06-08-2019, 09:07 AM)Sb1353 Wrote: Hi Mark. Yes we are still going through the process.
I have packed her belongings but they dont come and collect them.  It's been there for over 6 months now. I may hire a man with a van and to get rid of them.

Your new partner can not be forced to do this in law, but if she would agree to Cafcass or Social Services (whoever is doing the Section 7) to do background checks, they might decide that you can have contact at home, supervised by her, instead of being in a centre.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.