Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CCJ issued
Anyone had experience with CCJ issued on joint rent arrears or similar situations? Is it possible be removed from joint ccj?
(06-15-2019, 10:25 AM)AK2018 Wrote: Anyone had experience with CCJ issued on joint rent arrears or similar situations?  Is it possible be removed from joint ccj?

Only if your name is not on the tenancy agreement for the period its for.

You might also want to try to get finantial disasociation from the ex if you ever had contracts in both names, as any defaults reflect on you also on credit applications, until its done.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Thank you MarkR. Financially we both tied up via mortgage, until finances are not sorted we are still connected. It makes me in worse position of buying her out.
Will call housing association to ask to remove my name from ccj and arrange personal repayment plan.
Shame that because of our party silly actions I need to suffer.
(06-15-2019, 04:16 PM)AK2018 Wrote: Thank you MarkR. Financially we both tied up via mortgage, until finances are not sorted we are still connected. It makes me in worse position of buying her out.
Will call housing association to ask to remove my name from ccj and arrange personal repayment plan.
Shame that because of our party silly actions I need to suffer.

The problem you have, is that once issued, the Court has a duty of care to other creditors.

If your name is on that contract, until its paid the JJC in law has to stay.

Once its paid, it will show as that, but still visable on credit check for 6 years.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.